As you drive on the Nanaimo Parkway from the Northfield exit toward Mostar Rd, there's a property on your right, 300m before Mostar Road. This was cleared in the spring of 2017 to make way for a new townhome development. It's not yet clear when the homes will be built and ready for possession - presumably in late 2018 or early 2019.
There are 35 duplex buildings on the plan, meaning that 70 homes will be available. There are 1- and 2-storey units planned, and it appears that all of them will include an attached garage as well as some driveway. See below for one of the sketches of a 2-storey townhome in this development.
The plan includes the following features:
- A public trailway will connect Old Slope Place with Verte Place along the north side of the property.
- A retention pond at the southern part of the property (behind buildings 20-22) will include picnic tables and benches, and will probably feature pretty mountain views.
- The turnaround at the end of the cul-de-sac will have an impressive big-leaf maple tree at its center.
- Another "picnic amenity" area will be on the northeast side of the property, behind buildings 10-13.
- The units with southern exposure are backing onto the Nanaimo Parkway, which will subject them to noise pollution; however, they will also benefit from a lot of light, and stunning views of Mt Benson.
More info/Waitlist: It's likely that the developer will work with real estate agents to get these units sold, probably before construction has even completed. I recommend that you work with a buyer's agent like myself, rather than contacting those listing agents who represent the seller! If you'd like to be kept in the loop about 4066 Old Slope Place, contact me.
(This was part of the original coal town of Wellington in the 1800s, so I'll be interested in knowing whether residents are finding anything interesting when they dig up their potatoes.)