Salt spring? Do tell!
And I assume you refer to sea asparagus?
I remember this spot so well, I miss it in South Wellington.
Originally Posted by Harewoodian
Pictures from May 9, 2010 from a trip on my "Government Yacht"
Nice colours of the hog-fuel barges going to Harmac
Looks like a passenger excursion ship. Coming from direction of Dodd's Narrows.
Downtown Nanaimo, behind Protection Island.
The kind of sunset that you can see these days, on the 8:15pm ferry between Duke Point & Tsawwassen.
(colour-saturation from Google Picasa)
- the barely-visible ship in the centre of the photo is the Arctic Hooper, which is a pusher-tug, pushing a barge of drop trailers.
- Van Isle Barge Services Ltd. operates the route between Surrey and a terminal near the sawmill at Duke Point. The tug-barge always arrives/departs it's Duke Point location during the night.
Photo taken from Pauline Haarer school.
- "Front Street Pharmacy tower" (Pacifica), court-house, Gina's Restaurant, etc.
Trespassing on the E&N line, behind Music Maxx.
Close-up pano-stitch of the mural:
The flag at the Port Authority:
Thank you . . .
so much for all these wonderful pictures.
Here is the mural on the side of the building at the 7-11 (formerly Terry's Save-Rite) at Departure Bay.
Some cropped close-ups:
Departure Bay store murals
Wow! I find a lot of mural art really not the kind of thing I like, but whoever the artist is who did that one really is fantastic !
Some photos of Nanaimo harbour area, taken on Saturday June 5, 2010. I enjoyed a trip to Newcastle Island, and here are some general pictures from the trip over-and-back.
-makes you look twice. It looks to be a landing craft barge, going from Protection Island to likely Brechin Point boat-ramp.
- Some people were very hard-at-work on a Saturday morning.
- Sea-plane landing in a busy harbour.
Nanaimo waterfront images.
- Tim Lander leaving Newcastle. No tin-whistle...
Lovely ship, near Nanaimo shipyard.
Here's a photo of the area around the corner of Bowen Rd and East-Wellington Road.
- Photo perspective is a zoom from Westwood Ridge.
I'm curious about the 2 new buildings that I have marked in orange.
Bldg #1 is odd looking to me. Does anyone know what it will be?
Bldg #2 looks to be an apartment block. Strata titled, or just a new apartment block owned by someone?