+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fun new couple has arrived in Nanaimo

Hey GibsonGuitars,

If you play a lot, particularly with a jazz background but like the more modern funky stuff, I'd certainly like to meet you. I have a jazz background and would LOVE to find more people to play with!
    Coast Realty Nanaimo
    www.ryan-coffey.com

Plus for all of you who are interested, particularly kittenface, you're welcome to join my Saturday night games night if you like. Board games, poker or just sitting around and yakking about whatever.

PM me and I'll let you know where to go.

Ryan
    Coast Realty Nanaimo
    www.ryan-coffey.com

Ryan, I'm not into the jazz thing [as in, I haven't done much experimenting with it but I am definately interested in it]... I moved over from White Rock [with the help of Christi McPhee!] in September and if you are familiar with the Vancouver music scene you know that unless you devote your life to one genre the snobs don't want to play with you. I have always wanted to be more into it, but for most of my playing career [15 years or so] it's been rock and some blues. I'm always up for trying new things however if you wanna get together. I bought this house because the lower floor was like a blank slate - I am building a recording studio down there. I haven't done much playing since September but lately have been getting back into it big time cause it's my one true passion.

My girlfriend [username Lauren] wants to play some board games though so if we're invited on a Saturday to the famous games night... rock on.

And Fitz! Lauren tells me you are a photographer! I bought a camera last year [Canon A640f] and am having lots of fun. If you wanna go hiking that'd be rad! I like taking photos... maybe you could show me some tricks?

Default Ways to meet other newcomers in Nanaimo

Hi everyone,
    I've posted here several times and have met some great people (e.g., Carol, Beth, Gail, etc.).

My name is Laurie - my husband and I are Americans (I know, I know) who are hoping to move to Nanaimo down the road a bit -- so I've also wondered about the issue of meeting friends.

As a hobby, I run a non-profit website/group where I currently live (St. Paul, Minnesota) that helps relocated people meet and build a circle of friends: www.Imnotfromhere.com. We may try to start a branch of this site when I move (or maybe even before, with the help of a friend) ... because I've met most of my good friends in Minnesota that way.

By the way, we're older than most who check this forum (40s') and I'm hoping that a few more in my age range start to hear about this site- it's such a nice resource!

Feel free to email me at: tctransplants@earthlink.net
    -- Laurie from Minnesota
    Last edited by UStoNanaimo; 04-12-2008 at 10:35 AM.

Yeah, it does get harder to meet new people after university age, something changes and people tend to want to hang around people they already know more. I've yet to get like that myself. I get a kick out of new people, especially if they're weird. I suppose you could say I see the world as some sort of human zoo and I'm part of the exhibit.
    :P
    Coast Realty Nanaimo
    www.ryan-coffey.com

Hey, as my boyfriend (GibsonGuitars) said, I'd be up for games nights, movies, drinking, hiking, and pretty much anything entertaining!

Hi kittenface We're new to Nanaimo too. We moved up here three weeks ago from Victoria. My husband stays in Victoria mon-fri and is here on the weekends. I have a 6 yo daughter. we like the outdoors too. I can't drive but would love to meet new people too. I'm 31 and my hubby is 28. By the way don't let my usename fool you I am really nice...and I'm a woman lol if anyone wants to meet for coffee I'd love a coffeedate meet up...whatever please email me at thebonze@hotmail.com I'm near Brooks Landing Mall where's everyone else?

Hi Kittenface - I moved here from Sherwood Park in October. What brought you out here? I was running away from home!! hee hee

I have met some great people here - including my boyfriend who I met in November. We like getting out and enjoying the outdoors and he is promising (threatening??) to take me camping this summer. I have to admit to having been a bit of a princess in that regard in the past - but I am loving the outdoors more and more and think I might finally be up to the challenge!!

Hope you are loving Nanaimo as much as I am!!!!

Tara

THIS is what this forum is supposed to be like. What an awesome thread.

Soon I'll be living back in Nanaimo (off of Protection Island I mean) and I'll be looking to get in on some of this, um, whatcha call it, "social" stuff.

Hi Lisa (Isuker),

I am also new to the area - a few years older but still young at heart!!! (I am 34 - so not ancient!!)

I would love the idea of a coffee group - keep me posted if anything materializes.

Tara

+ Reply to Thread