+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fun new couple has arrived in Nanaimo

LOL - I will have to watch more of those later - the poor puppy falling asleep into his water bowl had me falling off my chair I was laughing so hard - not a great idea when at work!!! lol I had thought about the goldendoodle or labradoodle - especially since I don't want a teacup dog - I like something that doesn't have to be carried home when you take it for a walk. Whiskey is a shepherd collie cross and is the perfect size - even though she still hopefully thinks she might be a lapdog - she is a dog, dog!
    Have a great day!!!!!
    Tara

Hehe. I found it and thought it was worth some time well-wasted. (I'm also at work) I saw a goldendoodle when we were in Montreal and I loved it... it was a gorgeous dog. I'm not a huge fan of small dogs either -- we have a Russian wolfhound cross and a Blue Heeler... since I'm allergic to mes bebes, I'm going to go for a dog that sheds very little next time. Both of our dogs think that they're lapdogs as well; I think its some kind of interspecies competition with the cats who actually ARE lap-sized. You should email me at my email: t_hoover@hotmail.com , it'll be faster than me checking my email to see if I get a note about a new posting. :-)

Hello! I just came across this thread. My boyfriend and I moved here from Northern BC in January and haven't really met anybody yet. We're a young outgoing couple (22 and 26) who likes to explore the parks here. So if anyone is into hiking, camping, beach-combing, or kayaking let us know!

Default Yep!

Can't wait for camping season to begin... :-) Where did you move from? What do you guys do?

Hi Charlee - welcome to Nanaimo. I am a relative newcomer as well - moved here from Alberta in 2007. Make sure to check out some of the Newcomers groups - I am a part of a group called I'm Not from Here (I'mnotfromhere.com) and we have had a few happy our nights and are planning on getting some hikes in once the weather gets better. Our next meeting will be some time towards the end of April (unless we can get a hike in before then) so keep an eye on the website. I have already met a few really fun people through that group!!!
    Tara
    Have a great day!!!!!
    Tara

Just an FYI, this thread is working. "Gibsonguitars" and I met on here about a year and some ago and now we're good buds. He even gave me the awesomest birthday present ever, a potato cannon! (Aww..... isn't that cute!) lol.
    Coast Realty Nanaimo
    www.ryan-coffey.com

Nice to hear Ryan, that you two are good friends. That was very nice of him to give you that birthday present.

We are a young couple, late twenties and early thirties. I am from Ottawa last fall and my fiance's been in Nanaimo for 3 years. We love movies, music, outdoor activies, meeting people~

We haven't sucessfully get in touch with many people. We'd love to meet more people alike.

Anyone would be interested in hanging out on the weekend?

Hi Rebeccahan - welcome to Nanaimo. As I mentioned in a post slightly before yours, I am also relatively new to Nanaimo - moved from Alberta about 2 1/2 years ago. I am a part of a group called "I'm not from here" - we meet about once a month - usually for a Happy Hour type of event. Our next event is Friday, January 29, 2010 at Piper's Pub - 5:30 Happy Hour. You, and anyone else who might be interested, can find more information, as well as link up with the message board at imnotfromhere.com. Take care!
    Tara
    Have a great day!!!!!
    Tara

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccahan View Post
    We are a young couple, late twenties and early thirties. I am from Ottawa last fall and my fiance's been in Nanaimo for 3 years. We love movies, music, outdoor activies, meeting people~

We haven't sucessfully get in touch with many people. We'd love to meet more people alike.

Anyone would be interested in hanging out on the weekend?
    We belong to a hiking group that is meeting in Parksville at the Albertson's Home Improvement Centre Sunday morning at 10AM. You are welcome to come along.
    Wyatt Earp
    Knows a thing or two about a thing or two but is always willing to learn about a third!
    www.arrowsmithpm.com

+ Reply to Thread