+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Westwood lake myth. Is there a house?

Default The Westwood lake myth. Is there a house?

I have been hearing rumors since I was a little kid that there is a barn or house intact at the bottom of Westwood lake. I havent heard that any one has found it so I have been looking for it using Google Earth.

Here is a pic and the gps cords. Its kinda hard to spot but it is rectangular and probably 10-15 ft down. If it has been found or if its not true, let me know. Whats the max depth of westwood?

By the way, if you are looking at google earth and you look near the north end of the lake you will notice a trench in the water running from the point towards the most northern tip of the lake. Any idea what that was for or what made it?

If this is true, that would make a really cool dive!... I'll keep my eye on this thread & ask around!

that would be cool and interesting to see if there is a structure at the bottom... could make sense as i think i remember hearing that the lake is man made(?). I do know that Lake Minnewanka in Banff National Park, AB has a town under water and it's a popular diving spot

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/banff/n...atcul4m1_E.asp

the link above will give some info on Minnewanka...

Anyone know of any pictures of when westwood was originally being built? You would have thought atleast some one took a picture because I'm sure it was a big project for the town back when it was made.

I think I remember reading it was made in 1906 in order to power a hydro building near the pearson bridge.

A crow's nest in a Nanaimo Douglas fir tree

I have heard about this rumor since I was about 10 years old. One story I heard a few times is there is the remnants of a farm house and an old farm tractor sitting at the bottom of Westwood lake. But...I highly doubt that this is true. I cannot see any building structure and mechanical equipment being left behind which might contaminate this lake.

Anyone know how deep Westwood lake is?

--
    TH

+ Reply to Thread