A crow's nest in a Nanaimo Douglas fir tree

Default A&B Sound in Nanaimo closing?

Looks that way.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...4-459a3975b9d3

I'll sorta be sorry to see them go.

But how much do you wanna bet some big fancy restaurant will go in there

--
    TH

That building will probably be tore down, it is very run down and has been infested by mice and rats for years. A whole family of mice wandered across the car audio department once during store hours. The pest control people used to go in there regularily. Also, it doesn't fit in with the conference center, so I am sure that it will be torn down. I remember when they painted it purple, the heritage society was pretty upset with them not keeping the heritage colors.

It will be interesting to see what goes in there
    Cross your T's and dot your i's

It doesn't look very nice anyway. I never go there.
    KD Photography - Specializing in families, children, and sporting events

The appeal of the store left a lot to be desired. When they covered up the windows and put in the security bars, the entrance of the store became too narrow. I am not wide by any means and I found it cramped.

The covering up the windows was to help prevent theft but it cost them in the long run. A&B could have put up posters where the windows were and the colour scheme would have been much more enhanced with purple as the main colour and orange and green around the door and window trim.

I found the carpet sticky and the layout BLAH!

Last time I got something there it was due to the insurance company picking them to replace my computer equipment in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    That building will probably be tore down, it is very run down and has been infested by mice and rats for years. A whole family of mice wandered across the car audio department once during store hours.
    Perhaps they were browsing for car audio equipment?

But it's pretty much true that most of the old buildings in the downtown core did at one time or still do have rodent problems. So did Terminal Park Mall. I know, I worked there during the renovations and I saw the mess. Abandoned rat's nests, rat poop. You name it.

--
    TH

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey© View Post

Last time I got something there it was due to the insurance company picking them to replace my computer equipment in 2001.
    Last time I was there, about 1/2 their store was set up to sell CD's. Does anyone even buy CD's any longer? I mean, we do have the Internet now.

--
    TH

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TH2008 View Post
    Last time I was there, about 1/2 their store was set up to sell CD's. Does anyone even buy CD's any longer? I mean, we do have the Internet now.

--
    TH
    Isnt that all HMV sells? But they are in Woodgrove of course, which hasnt experienced all those windfall profits from 'revitalization.'

With the new draconian, corporate pandering, copy right laws, you'll be in big trouble when Big Brother catches you downloading the latest hits from all those "great" talents on the music stations these days.
    Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends Mumford (http://libertarianismandurbanplanning.blogspot.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by sustainibertarian View Post
    Isnt that all HMV sells? But they are in Woodgrove of course, which hasnt experienced all those windfall profits from 'revitalization.'

With the new draconian, corporate pandering, copy right laws, you'll be in big trouble when Big Brother catches you downloading the latest hits from all those "great" talents on the music stations these days.
    I guess it's best to avoid p2p networks. And maybe try something like this:

http://www.jimmyr.com/mp3_search.php

--
    TH

The last time I went to A&B sound in Nanaimo was in about 2002, and I bought a Frank Sinatra CD....

The time before that was when I was about 12 and stood in line at the Kelowna store to meet the Barenaked Ladies.
    KD Photography - Specializing in families, children, and sporting events

It will be interesting to see what the property fetches on the open market.I
    bet that the current landlord picked up the place for pennies years ago.

+ Reply to Thread