+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21
FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Brennan or Ruttan?

Hey Rickj if your wife voted for you for 20 consequtive years you are probably are the greatest citizen for each and every one of those. You totally must be doing something right. But I do get the point, the commerce voters are just a sampling of voters not the whole enchilada.

Default Another endorsement for Ruttan

Another former FPN member, Eric Ricker endorses John Ruttan.

John Ruttan is my recommended choice for mayor because for many reasons change at the helm is necessary – indeed long overdue – and John has the graciousness and the civility, as well as the depth of many years of highly regarded business and public service experience, to bring people together to work effectively on Nanaimo's most pressing civic problems. John was chosen Citizen of the Year in 2008 by the Chamber of Commerce – but you'll not see that fact plastered all over his signs. He's also well-respected for his many years of service on the Port Authority.

Eric Ricker November 12th, 2008

Default Brennan or Ruttan?

This is a test.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Know View Post
    This is a test.
    Did we pass??

Default Brennan or Ruttan?

At the Mayoralty forum last week, Ms. Brennan responded that she always keeps her party politics separate from her civic politics.

Well ....., at the Remembrance Day ceremonies downtown, did anyone else notice that as she laid a wreath with her friend, NDP MP Jean Crowder, the announcer said that Brennan was "representing the Government of Canada"? Since when??? And what a short memory she must have!!!

Default Party Politics

I'm proud of Diane for taking part in the Remembrance Day ceremony. It is surprising her participation has been met with scorn. It was a ceremony, not a council meeting, and Diane has proven time and again her ability to make collaborative decisions on council regardless of party affiliation.

Many people died so we could be free to belong to any political party we want. John still hasn't revealed which party he is affiliated with, if any. Having a mayor involved in politics on a number of levels is beneficial to our city. It shows Diane's breadth of civic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Know View Post
    At the Mayoralty forum last week, Ms. Brennan responded that she always keeps her party politics separate from her civic politics.

Well ....., at the Remembrance Day ceremonies downtown, did anyone else notice that as she laid a wreath with her friend, NDP MP Jean Crowder, the announcer said that Brennan was "representing the Government of Canada"? Since when??? And what a short memory she must have!!!
    So Diane went as Jean Crowder's (staunch NDP) guest and Jean allowed Diane to lay a wreath as her representative (on behalf of the Federal Government). That sounds like party politics and opportunistic to me.

Diane certainly was not there representing the City so I guess the lines between civic and federal politics are a bit blurry for Diane. I also saw Leonard Krog at the all-candidates supporting Diane so I guess Provincial political lines are hazy too.

Default Party Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
    I'm proud of Diane for taking part in the Remembrance Day ceremony. It is surprising her participation has been met with scorn. It was a ceremony, not a council meeting, and Diane has proven time and again her ability to make collaborative decisions on council regardless of party affiliation.

Many people died so we could be free to belong to any political party we want. John still hasn't revealed which party he is affiliated with, if any. Having a mayor involved in politics on a number of levels is beneficial to our city. It shows Diane's breadth of civic experience.
    Evergreen: I have one simple question. Who granted Ms. Brennan the authority to "represent the Government of Canada"? I must be missing something here, as I was not aware that she was my representative at the Federal level!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

I would be surprised if anyone would be scornful of Diane had she simply attended the ceremony. I am guessing some are taking offense that she took the opportunity to further her public image by using her ties to the Federal NDP MP, Jean Crowder, to further her involvement by "representing the Goverment of Canada". She is no Goverment of Canada representative and this is simply a cheap publicity stunt some might consider offensive given the gravity of the ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by titan5 View Post
    i would be surprised if anyone would be scornful of diane had she simply attended the ceremony. I am guessing some are taking offense that she took the opportunity to further her public image by using her ties to the federal ndp mp, jean crowder, to further her involvement by "representing the goverment of canada". She is no goverment of canada representative and this is simply a cheap publicity stunt some might consider offensive given the gravity of the ceremony.
    yup!

+ Reply to Thread