+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: renters

Default renters

We have new renters right behind us, we're a bare land strata so there's 3 houses on one lot. These guys are from Saudi Arabia and are studying at the local University. They supposedly wanted a quite place to study. Well yeah right. There's yelling, cars coming at all times of the night. I've already spoken to then once. I've phoned the landlady, and texted her. If they think I'm as docile as an arab woman they're sadly mistaken. They've only signed a 4 month lease so hopefully we'll have them evicted soon.

A crow's nest in a Nanaimo Douglas fir tree

They sound like the drunken jerks who just moved from our area. They were also from Saudi Arabia. They are not allowed to drink there (it's punishable by beatings and whippings and jail time) so they seem to not be able to handle their booze when they get here. Very inexperienced, I guess.

Perhaps slip them a note telling them that if they don't sober up and be good boys, you will report them to the Saudi Arabia Government. And watch them turn pale white.

--
    TH

lol too funny. I ranted on a different forum about this and got accused of being racist against women and Arabs. I apologize if I've offended anyone here I meant that if they were thinking I was going to take their crap sitting down they have another thing coming as I'm a spitfire and I take no $hit from no one.

It does not matter what nationality University students are, they are more liable to party and have visitors come and go when they move into their first home away from the home they were raised in. Actually it is not just students but anybody that moves into their first place. Landlords should know that by now.

A crow's nest in a Nanaimo Douglas fir tree

Quote Originally Posted by QueenE View Post
    lol too funny. I ranted on a different forum about this and got accused of being racist against women and Arabs. I apologize if I've offended anyone here I meant that if they were thinking I was going to take their crap sitting down they have another thing coming as I'm a spitfire and I take no $hit from no one.
    I don't think anything you said was racist. And I don't care what colour a person is, when you come to Canada, don't piss off others with drunkenness that you would not be allowed to do at home. And don't sell drugs in our country, when you know that in your own country you would be put to death for doing so!

Smarten up, foreigners!

That was my rant

--
    TH

i have originally come to Canada as an exchange student as well, back then in early 2000s, we are poor students, nobody actually knows how to party, i understand nowadays, a lot of studnets come here just for vacation, or language exchanges, do not put effort into studies at all.

maybe one day if they are too noisy, just go to tell them again.. if doesn't work, just call police, students are here on visa, they will be much serious when police shows up. if they can not renew visa, then they have to go home..
    when crisis strikes, there are always opportunities in the hood.

There are nieghbors who are noisy and party and clog up the parking spaces and create a nuicance. Not cool and certainly unpleasant.
    Then there are nieghbors who call the ministry, the animal rights activists and the fire inspectors and building inspectors on you (even though nothing is found) and phone the police on you, scream at your kids, throw hot coffee at you, mace your friends (and somehow the police just let it slide) and steal your mail from their postie job. Look out a window, and they give you the finger. They do this to all nieghbors in your building and nothing is done with them. Bi-polars off their meds who just take whatever pain and apparently paranoia that goes along with it out on everybody. There is no way to sanely deal with the insanity of it all, but you cant get mad and do something foolish yourself or you will be discredited. The Animal police were going insane visiting our well loved and fed bunnies every week, but they have to respond. So glad I dont live there anymore. These are the true niebors from hell. I worry for whoever has them now.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenE View Post
    lol too funny. I ranted on a different forum about this and got accused of being racist against women and Arabs.
    It's an unnecessary detail. I'm not really surprised at their reaction, however unwarranted you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fitz View Post
    It's an unnecessary detail. I'm not really surprised at their reaction, however unwarranted you think it is.
    agreed. i thought a bit of an odd detail to add... the original comment would've read the same without those details...

Thank you for your opinions. On another note..what's the point of phoning the police to make a noise complaint if they aren't going to show up??? These same neighbours think nothing of yelling out their front door at 3 am, 3:20 am and 3:48 am...I call the police at 3:50 and I'm still waiting.... at 4:35 am. Too wide awake to go to sleep, I'm going to be such a happy camper when my daughter wakes up at 6 with me haing no sleep.
    Last edited by QueenE; 03-15-2009 at 04:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread