+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recent and upcoming changes downtown

Threaded View

Default Recent and upcoming changes downtown

I have noted that two businesses appear to be opening soon in the Vancouver Island Conference Centre.

At the corner of Terminal Avenue and Commercial will be IRIS OPTICAL.
    At the corner of Museum Way and Commercial will be SERIOUS COFFEE.

Opening dates unknown.
    Last edited by Smokey©; 03-28-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: changed Gordon Street to Museum Way

The optical store is sort of O.K. in my vision of downtown shops, but don't we have a few there already? Don't we have enough coffee joints downtown? Oh well, I'm not a business person.

Quote Originally Posted by kickidee View Post
    The optical store is sort of O.K. in my vision of downtown shops, but don't we have a few there already? Don't we have enough coffee joints downtown? Oh well, I'm not a business person.
    Optical and vision

Actually, Iris is already downtown and Serious Coffee would be a great addition. They also offer free internet.

Should give Tim Hortons and a few others a run for their money, as well as add some credibility to the type of stores downtown.

Now that the anchors are set, it will be just a matter of time before the rest fill in.

Default Wi-Fi

Rick, there already is free internet in that area out on the street in front of the smoke shop. It's set up as the "visitors'" account of the Conference Center.

yes, VI conference centre has quite a bid coverage as well, also, you can go to outside the "The Queen".. and city of Nanaimo also got it.

haha, i have my Ipod all the time, that's why i know. because a lot of time i need use IPOD to make VOIP calls or send SMS, just to avoid charges to my cell...
    when crisis strikes, there are always opportunities in the hood.

That's a second Serious Coffee. I was at Nanaimo North Town Centre yesterday, and noticed one soon to go in there too. They have good coffee, and the service is great too. I go to the Cook St. Village one here, and like it WAY better than the nearby Starbucks.

Default Serious(ly)?

There's another by the Midas at the North end, one in South Park mall and another by the pub in Beaufort center.

I know of the one in South Parkway Plaza, but didn't know the other two. More locations than I thought there was. At North Town Centre that location to be is near the bus exchange. I'm " serious ".

I like coffee.

I like Serious coffee.

I don't think downtown needs ANOTHER coffee shop.

..but I'm glad to see the conference center finally getting rid of some vacancy.

The fact is, people love coffee - Coffee shops bring people around!
    http://www.vireviews.com

+ Reply to Thread