+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to Nanaimo

Yeah it's especially hard to put an animal down. I had to put my dog Tasha down because she was really sick and was having seizures and it was just horrible. She was almost 12 so that's pretty good for a dog. My my parents got her when I was little so I grew up with her and that made it all that much harder. It crossed my mind to put Toby down because I didn't know where I was going to get the money. But he came to me, he was sent to me from Spirit and I wasn't exactly going to get rid of him. He's more than special. He's my guardian.

I agree. I don't wish that on anyone, having to give away pets or put them down. It's just really hard and emotionally draining and not a fun experience at all. I'm sorry for your friend, it's extremely hard to put down an animal. It's even harder to be in the same room when they die. I didn't go to the vets when Tasha had to get put down. But when my mom came home I asked her if she was in the room because I didn't want her to die alone. My mom was with her the whole time.

Well, it's only an annoying saying because it's true, lol.

Well the friends I'm moving with we don't live together. They actually live in the apartment building beside mine. When we go out West, we'll probably do the same thing if we all end up in Nanaimo, except we'll be in the same building this time.

As for not wanting to be found or find anybody, sometimes that just doesn't fly with the universal plan for your life and thus people just kind of get thrown in. The universe likes to be funny that way.

Me personally, I would much rather live in a tree house with my cats and a plastic cup with a string as my telephone, haha. It's not that all people are douchebags, although a lot of them are, it's just tiring sifting through the garbage to find the diamond in the ruff.
    Let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out

Sometimes putting a pet down is all you can do. Considering the dog's age and health, you probably did it a favor. 12 is a good age for it, and having it being a part of your life for that long, and not having it at all was no doubt a tough change. Most people never have to go through having to give away a pet or put it down, and don't understand. It isn't that simple and way easier said than done. I felt really bad for him, and you could tell he didn't want to do it. But after his dog snapped at his mother, nearly biting his mom's hand he had to act. He ignores that and who knows? Dog bites his mom, him, his wife? A kid? Better he put it down than let it get worse. He tried everything to help the dog too, but it was clear he was losing. And I would agree it is hard to be in the same room when they die. It is good your mom was with her, and I can imagine it was hard on her too. As for the saying it is annoying and true, and one I have too often used. I see your friends are neighbors and hopefully will be when you come out here. With me too often people get thrown in, despite the fact I don't want to be found. I don't hate all people, but too many just plain bother me. And yes it is tiring sifting through the garbage looking for good. I can relate.

In that case it's good he got the dog put down. When there is risk of injury it's better not to take a chance. But at least he tried to help the dog which is awesome.

When it comes to people being "tossed in", it's better to look at them as lessons. All people, the good and bad, are lessons for our soul to learn from and grow in an attempt to become whole. We are after all, spiritual beings having a human experience. Not that it makes it any easier when there are loads of crappy people, but it kind of helps to think of it as lessons we must learn.

One of the problems I have with people is that I've never really been a friend per se, more like a free psychologist. Except when it was my turn to go through a rough patch and needed someone to talk to, said "friends" suddenly disappeared and I was left to deal on my own, again. But it's okay, it's their bad karma not mine. So ha! Joke is on them.

As for the sifting part of people, it does get really tiring having to deal with all the garbage that people throw at you, but when you finally do find that diamond, the wave of happiness that overwhelms you kind of makes it worth it in the end. Because those are the people that will be with you through it all. Who needs quantity when there is quality. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    In that case it's good he got the dog put down. When there is risk of injury it's better not to take a chance. But at least he tried to help the dog which is awesome.

When it comes to people being "tossed in", it's better to look at them as lessons. All people, the good and bad, are lessons for our soul to learn from and grow in an attempt to become whole. We are after all, spiritual beings having a human experience. Not that it makes it any easier when there are loads of crappy people, but it kind of helps to think of it as lessons we must learn.

One of the problems I have with people is that I've never really been a friend per se, more like a free psychologist. Except when it was my turn to go through a rough patch and needed someone to talk to, said "friends" suddenly disappeared and I was left to deal on my own, again. But it's okay, it's their bad karma not mine. So ha! Joke is on them.

As for the sifting part of people, it does get really tiring having to deal with all the garbage that people throw at you, but when you finally do find that diamond, the wave of happiness that overwhelms you kind of makes it worth it in the end. Because those are the people that will be with you through it all. Who needs quantity when there is quality. :P
    I hope you do move to Nanaimo. i find your view point totally refreshing.
    I love animals too.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post

It is good he didn't take the chance with that dog. I know he would have felt bad if the dog bit his mom. I would have felt bad too, as I have a lot of respect for my buddy's mom. At least he did try to help the dog. Not everyone would have. It is better to look at people who have been " tossed in " as lessons. People are influences good and bad. I have that same problem never really being a friend. Always more important people were around. Often I deal with things on my own when I have rough times, or when someone asks I'll use a line like " its a long story ". It is a long road to find good people, but when you do find good people I agree it is worth it. Quality is better than quantity.

Thank you Queen of the Waterfront. It's nice my opinion is refreshing to some, most find it annoying, haha.

Well, and that's just the thing, he did try. And it is unfortunate the dog had to be put down, but like you said, what if it attacked someone. I mean, any dog, big or small, can do a lot of damage. It's better not to take a chance when there's a risk of injury because the guilt for that would be much worse than putting down an animal. Especially if you knew the animal was dangerous and did nothing about it. Animals, like people, can be very unpredictable. And here's my annoying saying for the day, better safe than sorry.

It's a long story I use that line a lot. Or, I'm fine. Or some crap like that. But the thing is, if people say that to me, I inquire further. But any time I say those words, it's like suddenly they don't have time to hear it, or don't care that I'm just fine, because really, I should be awesome or rockin or happy. Fine means you're doing crappy. It's one of those code words that you say, you're feeling bad so you say you're fine, and if people care to hear your problems then they'll be like, you don't sound fine, what's wrong. I never got that. Jerks, lol. But alas, haha.

It sounds like we've had similar paths in life. I wonder, what's your astrology? Chinese zodiac and your month zodiac?

He made the effort, which is more than most people would do. He is a hard worker, and not the type to quit. Very much like his dad who I also have a lot of respect for and often refer to as " my second dad ". The dog could have done lots of damage, and it is good he didn't take chances. I didn't know the animal was dangerous. He knew it was abused, but I'm not sure if that would be classified as dangerous too. Yes animals can be unpredictable, and yes better safe than sorry. I often use the long story line, because it actually is one, or my story is not as good as their's. I have a family member who always says he's fine, and it is obvious he isn't always. It is annoying and led another to wonder if it is still worth asking how he is. So it is easy to be evasive with those lines. Things with you and I are similar. I am a pisces with my birthday in March.

See and that's just it, it's really hard to tell with abused animals. They can go either way. It's either they will be very loving pets and never hurt a fly, or they can turn. And it sounds like this animal was beginning to turn. And it's not the fault of anyone but the previous owner who decided to be a douche and hit an animal. Sometimes little things can trigger animals, remind them of their past, and boom, they change. They are very much like people and it annoys me to no end when I hear people say that animals are stupid or don't feel. I just want to slap them in the face and say, did you feel that, did it hurt, cause animals feel the same thing.

And so what if your story is actually a long one. And it doesn't matter if you don't think it's as good as theirs. The point is, you share because you want to and it's a way of bonding with people. All my damn stories are long but my friends listen because they care. As to your family member, sounds like a victim complex and if he's says he's fine to fish for sympathy, don't give him that energy of yours.

Pisces eh, hmm. What's your Chinese zodiac? You don't have to tell me what year you are born, you can google chinese zodiac and find out what animal your year is under. I'm a cusper, born in September but I'm a Libra, not a Virgo. Yay me. :P

Perhaps he couldn't tell. I think it was starting to turn, and I don't think his mom would do anything to cause that dog to go off. I think something from the past set it off. Animals are not stupid and they do feel. They are four legged kids. Two legged kids feel, and so do four legged ones. I worry about it not being as good, because I am very insecure, and if my story is long than it is. Sharing is a way of connecting, you are right about that. It is good your friends listen and care. Not all mine do, most don't. With the family member, he has a penchant for being evasive with things. Not sure on the Zodiac.

+ Reply to Thread