+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to Nanaimo

Oh no, I hardly doubt she did anything. She could of done something as simple as, try and pet it's head by reaching her hand down over it's face to pet it. But it the dog was abused, maybe it thought it would be hit and then finally decided to try and fight back for itself. Unfortunately for animals, when they turn, it's not like you can take them to a psychologist or something for therapy. They just become feral and dangerous.

They are children, very furry four legged children, haha.

Well you shouldn't be insecure about one of your stories. You tell to share, not to compare. And the friends that do listen, if they care, they don't judge. It's not like they're going to say, wow what a boring story that was, I have a better one. Cause if they ever say something like that, than they aren't friends, they're douchebags, lol. Tell your stories because it makes you happy to share, don't care so much about what other people think.

I am sad that most of your "friends" don't care. Doesn't sound like a friend to me. They just sound like people, acquaintances.

Well, I could tell you your Chinese zodiac if I knew what year you're born. But that's kind of a personal question so I'm not going to ask, lol.
    Let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out

That is exactly what she did. She tried to pet its head, and the dog took exception to it. That's exactly it, animals can't go to a shrink. Once they are gone, they are gone and rehabbing them isn't easy. They even act like children too. 4 legged children describes them well. Lots of similarities to two legged ones too. I shouldn't be insecure, and I feel like insecurity is something I will never beat. I tell to share, but my own stupidity causes me to compare. Some care and don't judge and some do. Can't generalize all as one or the other. Many try to one up me, and it gets old. I try to focus on sharing out of happiness, but I have a tough time with it. Many of my friends don't care, and I just view them as people. I don't have that many friends and am not well liked. Not saying that to feel sorry for myself, but just stating it as is. You could tell me my zodiac if you want. You mentioned your age previously so I don't mind mentioning mine. I was born in 1976.

Yeah, that's one thing people need to be careful of, especially with dogs even if they are friendly, you're not suppose to pet them by reaching over their face, it freaks them out. You're suppose put your hand under their face so they can smell you and then pet them. I've been bitten by a dog before because I reached over it's head to pet it.

I find most animals behave like children. My cats especially. They are always finding themselves in some sort of trouble and they even get the guilty face when I catch them doing something they are not allowed. It's like, uh oh mommy is home and she caught me, haha.

You really shouldn't feel insecure. Why do you feel you can't beat it? Mantras work really well for over coming things. If you were to say everyday in front of the mirror, I will not feel insecure when sharing stories, it will begin to plant itself into your subconscious and then you will start to believe in the words because you're saying it to yourself everyday. You'd be surprised at how well it works.

Also, friends don't judge. If you have people judging you, then clearly then don't think very highly of you and deserve the boot, along with the other people who don't even care to hear what you have to say. As for the one-up syndrome, no offence darlin, but that's real douchey and you should call them on it. Just be like, why do you always have to be better than me. I can tell you they do that because of their own insecurities. And having you call them on it, will make their faces screw up and their brain will implode, haha. Have you ever seen the SNL skits by the character Penelope? That's what her character does, one-ups people all the time. When people do that, I say they have Penelope syndrome, lol.

Why on earth do you surround yourself with people who don't give a damn? And I find it hard to believe that you are not well liked, you seem pretty damn nice to me. The best thing I ever did for myself was cut out the douchebags in my life, and my aura and light just expanded and grew. Don't keep yourself on their level, you can do better.

I'll PM you some details about your zodiac, but in short, I have this awesome book and I find it really accurate, according to your month and year, you are a Pisces (Water) Fire Dragon. But if you are closer to March 20, you are an Aries cusper.

My cats pulled the guilty face stuff too. Such as when they stole food off the other, or when they used to eat butter ( yes it really happened ). I've made the mistake of not letting them smell me first, and come close to paying for it. I shouldn't feel insecure, but I do. I don't feel I can beat it, because no matter how much I try, someone has to mess things up, be it me or someone else. I try to fit in, but always someone has to outdo me and that someone always wins. Insecurity isn't just in sharing stories, it is in other things too. Lots of people judge me, and I want to just go nuts and send them all out. And you are right I should call people out on the 1 up thing. I am so bored of it ( not to mention bored of a litany of other BS lately ). I haven't seen the SNL skit. I do my best not to surround myself with people who don't give a damn, but they are usually put with me. Happened through school and even now. I don't want them. Lots find it hard to believe that I am not well liked, but it is true. I am not and never have been popular. And likely never will be. My buddy is all that I am not. Popular, well liked, lives in a nice neighborhood, rich, good looking, comes from a good family, married. I do have the good family part though, but often times I feel better around his than mine. I am glad you find me nice, not many do. I want to go nuts and cut so many people out right now. I can do better and am sick of them keeping me down. I am just sick of being kept down, and want to do better and most importantly be happy. Change jobs, go to school, and just plain do better.

I'm telling you, the mantra thing really works. Sometimes it takes awhile but it works. It can take weeks to start taking effect. You should never have to feel insecure or feel like you can't beat it. Because you can. You can beat it. You just have to start telling yourself that, soon you'll believe and then you'll live it. And once you reach that frame of mind, you'll look back and wonder how you could have lived any other way.

And you shouldn't have to try and fit in. If you have to fit in, you are hanging with the wrong crowd, plain and simple, and it would be in your best interest, mentally and spiritually to leave that life behind because it's holding you back and stunting your growth as a being. You attract the energy you put out in this life. If you are trying to be someone you're not and live being insecure, guess what, the people who are drawn to you aka "thrown in" will reflect that. They will be fake, insecure douchebags who put other people down to make themselves feel better because they don't have the courage to look inward and change themselves.

For the longest time, I was in a state of anger and depression. I was never happy. And I would complain about people being douchebags and the like, but I attracted them into my life with my energy. Sometimes, crappy people get thrown in to teach you lessons in life, but if you aren't learning from them then they will keep on coming. I never knew who I was, I hung out with people who didn't know who they were, in return I became more lost. I had finally decided enough was enough and got rid of them and began my inner journey. To be present, to live in the present, not caring about the past or worrying about the future. Whatever will be will be. But you have to make the choice to change. Change doesn't magically happen. It requires lots of effort and courage. Spirit is there to guide and protect you if you are willing to listen.

You need to speak up for yourself. And it's a very hard thing to do even for the most confident of people. But it's important to stand up for yourself. People walked all over me my whole life and the result was unhappiness, and nothing ever changed because I wasn't learning. Things started getting better when I found my voice and stood my ground. I don't let people push me around anymore. I don't let people take advantage of me. I don't take crap and I'll be the first to voice my opinion on a matter especially when it's regarding people and how they treat me. Don't take crap from people, ever. It's not right, it's not worth your time.

And you've already said you don't want them, so what's stopping you from getting rid of them. Ask yourself this, has having them around improved your life in anyway? If the answer is no, then it's time to scrap them because they've become leeches, emotional parasites that hinder your progress. Don't ever stand for it, ever.

The things you describe about, you were never popular and your buddy is everything you are not. First off, all the popular kids I ever knew were douchebags. Next, that is all just implanted societal conditioning that everyone is raised on, that you need to break from. Society says, you are not successful if you don't have a degree, if you aren't popular, if you don't have a car, if you don't have a house, if you don't make a lot of money, if you aren't pretty, blah blah blah. Bite me. Society can shove it. Who are they to determine one's happiness? I've known plenty of people who fit that bill to a "T" and they are the most miserable people I've ever met. You want to know why? Because it's superficial happiness. Happiness lies in your heart, as a person. You create your own happiness. Being a consumer zombie never made me happy, sure I had some cool stuff, but what is stuff anyways. It's outer happiness, it's material objects. If you have no inner happiness all the money in the world wouldn't make your sorrows go away.

And you know what, most people feel better about being around anyone's family but there's. And one of the reasons being is, our family shapes us, and seeing them is a constant reminder of what we are. But we are not them, we may be likenesses of them, but we are each individual spirits on different paths in this life.

And you want to know a secret, a lot of people who don't like you could have either of these problems, as these are what I have encounter in my ventures with people. Number one, they see qualities in you that they do not possess and wish they could have which makes them angry which explains the one-up syndrome of trying to better you. Number two, they may view themselves as better than you, but since you possess an uncanny likeness to them, it may make them hate you because they realize that they are not in fact better, but equal. And those ego bastards hate being equal to people they look down on. Number three, they are jealous. Whether it's consciously or subconsciously, they are jealous of you. Of your energy or your light. Again, parasites, they see someone they can never be like, so they feed off you and keep them on their level because if you were to leave them and grow, you in fact would flourish. And a sad fact is, miserable people hate seeing other people happy, no matter what kind of relationship they have with said person. Now, these may not be the cases with the people you know, this is just my personal experience. A lot of people disliked me and still do, because I laugh a lot and smile all the time. How unfortunate for them.

You can do better. Don't let them keep you on their level. Spread your wings and fly away leaving them behind in their misery. You can be happy. If you are unhappy, get rid of the things that make you miserable. Look at yourself from the inside and adjust your environment according to what your heart wants. You will find happiness.

Foxglove you are the wisest young person I have ever had the good fortune to encounter.

It takes most people a lifetime to learn what you are trying to teach Geoff.
    my advice to Geoff is to listen to this wise human being.

Sorry Foxglove, I cant help but comment.
    You just amaze me!
    I truly wish there were more people like you on this planet. What a breath of fresh air!

Awww, why thank you. My mother always called me an old soul, haha. There are things she is just starting to learn that I have told her about my whole life and she never listened to me. So of course I got to tease her with the "Mom I told you so" and she laughs. This is why I never really had friends, I couldn't associate with people my age. At family gatherings and things like that, the kids would be off playing and I would be sitting and talking with the adults because I felt more connected to them. Not to say I never behaved like a kid, just that, it was hard to have conversations with people my age. There was just a lack of understanding, they didn't get me and that was hard. Not to mention, I've experienced my share of the darkness of people at a young age, which made me grow up fast.

Whether or not you are spiritual, and faith has a lot to do with many things, my soul has been around a long time. I know things. I don't know how or why, I just do. My path in life is to help people. To be a guiding light for lost souls on this plane. The problem is, I can't help people who don't want it. I say my piece to get it out there, and it's up to the person to decide what they want to do. I've been nicknamed by many people I've come across as, I told you so. Because I tell people things and when I end up being right I'm there to say, I told you so, lol.

But it's a learning experience for all people. Most people don't like listening to others. It's almost like our souls were meant to take the hard road. I myself had been offered loads of good advice from others, but I chose not to and took the hard road. I was stubborn like that, still am, and had I listened to the people that cared, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble. But then you also have to ask, had I not taken my own road, would I be the person I am today. I would have ended up in the same place had I taken the advice, it just would have been a lot faster learning experience, but maybe I wouldn't have ended up as strong as I am now. But who knows. Sometimes I view advice as, here is knowledge, when you've completed your journey you will see that it is true. Kind of like, advice is foreshadowing the future events that will happen because you heard what was said. So it's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

To be honest, I've never felt a part of this world. I don't feel like I am from here. I do not believe I am an earthly being. I feel I was sent here a long time ago, from somewhere, to learn and to teach. It's what I do. People call me crazy, I say they're in denial, lol.

It's nice to hear people say nice things, I'm glad I'm a breath of fresh air. This makes me happy. Even though I have not talked to you much, I feel you are a wonderful spirit and am glad to have crossed your path on here. There seems to be many loving and wonderful spirits on this forum. I can't wait to move, it gives me hope for people. I'm glad to have met all of you.

If you need help when you are coming let me know.

I often used to ignore my intuition. These days I listen to my heart and not other people's heads.
    You will be a force when you get here.

I am an old Capricorn learning to find my young soul.

Life is an interesting journey. Mine has gotten a lot easier of late. I go with my gut feelings these days and my stomach and my heart seem to be on the same page.

My kitten has been missing for three weeks. I dreamed that she is in the arms of a little red headed girl purring. I have put up posters and done the SPCA thing. I have checked the whole neighborhood.
    Her brother isnt freaked out and they were inseparable. My heart tells me she is safe and loved. If that little girl needed my calico I am glad that she has her.

Peace to you!.

Thank you for offering your help, I just may have to take you up on that as moving across Canada is no small feat. I'm sure I'll take Nanaimo by storm, haha.

I am glad you follow your intuition. Any time I ignored mine I always regretted it. Nobody knows what's best for you other than yourself. Your intuition is Spirit guiding you. Some call it angels, some call it God, I call the powers that be Spirit because it is nameless, genderless and all encompassing.

Life seems to get easier when you listen to yourself. I am happy for you. I wish that you will have a long period of time where things are easier than harder, everyone needs a break. I wish you the best on your path and much happiness.

As for your kitten, you are probably right. Dreams can be very insightful and it's good to trust and listen to them. I bet the little girl needs that kitten which is why Spirit made it go to her. Animals show up in a dire time of need. I acquired Toby the same way. I found him in my apartment and nobody answered the posters. But had I not got him when I did, things would have been most horrible for me.

As for the male kitten, her brother, animals know, he knows she was called somewhere to serve a higher purpose which is why he's not sad. He also knows the same that you believe, that she is safe and loved.

Much love and light to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    I'm telling you, the mantra thing really works. Sometimes it takes awhile but it works. It can take weeks to start taking effect. You should never have to feel insecure or feel like you can't beat it. Because you can. You can beat it. You just have to start telling yourself that, soon you'll believe and then you'll live it. And once you reach that frame of mind, you'll look back and wonder how you could have lived any other way.

And you shouldn't have to try and fit in. If you have to fit in, you are hanging with the wrong crowd, plain and simple, and it would be in your best interest, mentally and spiritually to leave that life behind because it's holding you back and stunting your growth as a being. You attract the energy you put out in this life. If you are trying to be someone you're not and live being insecure, guess what, the people who are drawn to you aka "thrown in" will reflect that. They will be fake, insecure douchebags who put other people down to make themselves feel better because they don't have the courage to look inward and change themselves.

For the longest time, I was in a state of anger and depression. I was never happy. And I would complain about people being douchebags and the like, but I attracted them into my life with my energy. Sometimes, crappy people get thrown in to teach you lessons in life, but if you aren't learning from them then they will keep on coming. I never knew who I was, I hung out with people who didn't know who they were, in return I became more lost. I had finally decided enough was enough and got rid of them and began my inner journey. To be present, to live in the present, not caring about the past or worrying about the future. Whatever will be will be. But you have to make the choice to change. Change doesn't magically happen. It requires lots of effort and courage. Spirit is there to guide and protect you if you are willing to listen.

You need to speak up for yourself. And it's a very hard thing to do even for the most confident of people. But it's important to stand up for yourself. People walked all over me my whole life and the result was unhappiness, and nothing ever changed because I wasn't learning. Things started getting better when I found my voice and stood my ground. I don't let people push me around anymore. I don't let people take advantage of me. I don't take crap and I'll be the first to voice my opinion on a matter especially when it's regarding people and how they treat me. Don't take crap from people, ever. It's not right, it's not worth your time.

And you've already said you don't want them, so what's stopping you from getting rid of them. Ask yourself this, has having them around improved your life in anyway? If the answer is no, then it's time to scrap them because they've become leeches, emotional parasites that hinder your progress. Don't ever stand for it, ever.

The things you describe about, you were never popular and your buddy is everything you are not. First off, all the popular kids I ever knew were douchebags. Next, that is all just implanted societal conditioning that everyone is raised on, that you need to break from. Society says, you are not successful if you don't have a degree, if you aren't popular, if you don't have a car, if you don't have a house, if you don't make a lot of money, if you aren't pretty, blah blah blah. Bite me. Society can shove it. Who are they to determine one's happiness? I've known plenty of people who fit that bill to a "T" and they are the most miserable people I've ever met. You want to know why? Because it's superficial happiness. Happiness lies in your heart, as a person. You create your own happiness. Being a consumer zombie never made me happy, sure I had some cool stuff, but what is stuff anyways. It's outer happiness, it's material objects. If you have no inner happiness all the money in the world wouldn't make your sorrows go away.

And you know what, most people feel better about being around anyone's family but there's. And one of the reasons being is, our family shapes us, and seeing them is a constant reminder of what we are. But we are not them, we may be likenesses of them, but we are each individual spirits on different paths in this life.

And you want to know a secret, a lot of people who don't like you could have either of these problems, as these are what I have encounter in my ventures with people. Number one, they see qualities in you that they do not possess and wish they could have which makes them angry which explains the one-up syndrome of trying to better you. Number two, they may view themselves as better than you, but since you possess an uncanny likeness to them, it may make them hate you because they realize that they are not in fact better, but equal. And those ego bastards hate being equal to people they look down on. Number three, they are jealous. Whether it's consciously or subconsciously, they are jealous of you. Of your energy or your light. Again, parasites, they see someone they can never be like, so they feed off you and keep them on their level because if you were to leave them and grow, you in fact would flourish. And a sad fact is, miserable people hate seeing other people happy, no matter what kind of relationship they have with said person. Now, these may not be the cases with the people you know, this is just my personal experience. A lot of people disliked me and still do, because I laugh a lot and smile all the time. How unfortunate for them.

You can do better. Don't let them keep you on their level. Spread your wings and fly away leaving them behind in their misery. You can be happy. If you are unhappy, get rid of the things that make you miserable. Look at yourself from the inside and adjust your environment according to what your heart wants. You will find happiness.
    I believe you on the mantra thing. I just have to put it into practice. I shouldn't have to feel insecure and that I can't beat it. But I do. I feel like it is impossible. I change for a bit and later get stuck back in my old ways. I feel like I eternally will never have it together, and shouldn't bother trying, and feel many are right in saying I don't have it. I just have to believe. And I hate having to try and fit in. It has always been that way. I just want to kick the wrong crowd out and move forward. I did that with my ex and she looks for empties for a living now ( true story, and I have seen ). I just want to be myself, and not have others keep me down to improve themselves. It sounds like you can relate to being angry, depressed, and hating people. I often get that way. And getting back to being well liked, it is a huge misconception. I was never well liked. People say " oh you must have been really popular with the ladies " or " what will your wife say ". Never been a ladies guy, and am not married.

+ Reply to Thread