+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your anti-spam measures work a little too well...

Default Your anti-spam measures work a little too well...

Just a comment from someone new-ish to the Island and brand new to the boards - I've been out of BC for several years and the question was "name an Olympic event that happened in Nanaimo" or something to that effect. Now, yes, I was paying enough attention to know that they happened in Whistler, but I don't really watch the Olympics, so I had no idea if some events were held elsewhere, I had no idea if by 'event' they meant possibly the torch going through or some of the medalists visiting... basically I had to keep re-typing in my password, re-clicking the "yes I agree to the T&Cs" and re-clicking the submit button, all while typing guesses into the answer box. I'm at least familiar with the Island and Whistler and such - I'm concerned that anyone just moved here from out of the country is going to be completely unable to answer the question and end up missing out on a good resource for Nanaimo.

yah, what they said.

Hilarious! Check this out:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4003621AAKB9we
    In part because of the bad English employed in the Question on that Yahoo page, I believe that page shows that a spammer used the good people at Yahoo Answers to bypass my spam protection.
    You can see how it was a good question -- difficult to figure out with a quick Wikipedia reference. But anyone could use Google to find the answer within a few clicks, I think.

I'll change the question. But it's hard to think of something that will stop foreign spammers but not the intended users.

Thanks, you two.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    Thanks, you two.
    Never mind those two boring people, let's play some acoustic guitar -

Tommy Emmanuel - Classical Gas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33tWZqXhnk

+ Reply to Thread