+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fast Eddies Closed for good?

Default Fast Eddies Closed for good?

Not that I'm bothered by the closure. Frankly hated the food there... but went occasionally for the fish bowls.
    Just curious why they closed down. Their website says that they are closed permanently... shut down for health regulations would be my first guess... but I don't want to presume to know. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
    Not that I'm bothered by the closure. Frankly hated the food there... but went occasionally for the fish bowls.
    Just curious why they closed down. Their website says that they are closed permanently... shut down for health regulations would be my first guess... but I don't want to presume to know. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

They had been around for alot of years; maybe they decided to retire.

Here is link on their last health inspection. Seems all ok!

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VIHA/VIHA_Website.nsf
    DEFILER PRODUCTIONS - Sound, stage and lighting - for all your events

Their washrooms should have been updated 25 years ago. Was a disgrace. Used to like their Reuben sandwich back in the day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenspot View Post
    Their washrooms should have been updated 25 years ago. Was a disgrace. Used to like their Reuben sandwich back in the day though.
    That's too bad because the restroom is an important aspect of any business. Kinda sad that this long time business of 20 years is closing. Oh the theme of the old 70's will be gone. Nanaimo needs a another jutebox theme of the 70's.
    DEFILER PRODUCTIONS - Sound, stage and lighting - for all your events

What's wrong with their washrooms? The place seemed clean enough. The washrooms are nothing like what I imagine them to be at a Tijuana truck stop; my basis for comparison in that department.

Here's an even more important question about Fast Eddie's: Two of the biggest goofballs I ever knew worked there....did they get their jobs because they were goofs or did the job make them that way? It's an important question, but don't anybody dare bring up the chicken/egg conundrum....eggs came long before chickens....dinosaurs were laying eggs before chickens even evolved!
    Cameron Watt: Welder, blacksmith, shameless self-promoter.

Wife and I drove by a few weeks ago and there was a sign on the door that new management has taken over and they will reopen in the fall.. I think it even stated some time in august. Will probably be renamed. There has always been questions about their food but the main thing I would like to see changed is the menu's. Who the hell uses binders? It's not like the menu changes every week.

this makes me all kinds of sad. i used to go to raves there back in the day.

The following is a post I found on Nanaimo Craigslist... It is not a statement made by me, I am simply posting it here in case anyone is interested. The original post can be found at this link: http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/rnr/1889567025.html

"Regarding a previous post about Fast Eddie's closure:

The answer provided is a likely assumption but simply not true. As a former employee with five years there, I can say the owners retired at age 60. The place needed some major renovations that were beyond their means.

The space has been taken over by a younger couple who is re-opening a restaurant called The Beban Grill. I think they will be renovated and open for business by October. "

Heh. I just dropped by there for the first time tonight, only to find it empty and padlocked shut. No great loss, though, as that led me to try Alexandra's for the first time, which was a tremendous success.

Too bad, was a place for reasonably good food, real good times, and inexpensive drinks. Hope this new place will keep "death sticks" on the menu. For those of you not familiar with the term, it was one used to describe the deep fried bread sticks, that were so oo oo good.

+ Reply to Thread