+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Belated Flugel Horn introduction

Flugel Horn....I'm so very sorry to hear you are considering leaving this group. I have so thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful pictures you have posted over time and am sorry I didn't say so more frequently. You have a wonderful eye. I don't read enough of the forum to speak to the issue of why you might leave but just wanted to say THANKS!!!

Hey Flugel Horn - thanks for calling my attention to it. For some reason, I didn't get notifications that there had been any new posts in that thread. I can't believe what I saw, there. I removed the crap, and I fear it may return. However, I'm not prepared to extend any punitive measures at this point.
    It's like many things in life; if someone on the street offends you, you should always assume they have problems at home, and just keep walkin'.

I hope you won't leave - that stuff isn't tolerated, except to the extent that nobody is being banned - I guess we may be close, but it's not something I'll do lightly.

Thanks for explaining, RiverRat. I'll see how things go and consider sticking around. After all, I'm passionate about the things that I've posted about (Nanaimo scenery and history) and this forum is a usually great place to share that interest.

Thanks again for responding.

I really hope nothing I have said is affecting your decision. But.... I really cannot stand people acting like fools, and no body responding..I think you know what I mean here, You did respond also, but I tend to be a little more abusive, so to speak!!! Anyway, you should stay, your pics are awesome!!!

I used to work with Sam Bawlf's son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flugel Horn View Post
    I'm thinking that you should post a few highlight articles (eventually, when you have time), in the ferry forum. See what people are interested in reading, and then offer a few more, every once in a while. I can direct you to an appropriate thread, once you're ready over there.

I think that an entire scan/post is pretty daunting, as you've concluded too.........that's a lot of work.

ps: the Sam Bawlf headline caught my eye: He wrote a book called "The hidden voyage of Sir Frances Drake" (or something like that), where he theorizes that Drake made landfall at Comox; years before Cook & Vancouver sailed here. Interesting read.
    Coming to you "LIVE AND IN COLOUR",from the BIG MOO!!;)

I think the "Continue posting as if nothing happened" approach by GR74 (in the forum's mine thread, not his mine thread) answers my question about my future participation here. He's not being accountable for his attack posts and he sees no need to explain himself.

While others might be able to tolerate that and just ignore it and still say "Wow, those are great mine photos", I get hung-up on the character. If someone is nasty to me one day, and doesn't explain it the next day, then I have no interest in that person or his work.

And since that mine-thread is part of this forum, that impacts my interest in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Flugel Horn View Post
    He's not being accountable for his attack posts and he sees no need to explain himself.

While others might be able to tolerate that and just ignore it and still say "Wow, those are great mine photos", I get hung-up on the character. If someone is nasty to me one day, and doesn't explain it the next day, then I have no interest in that person or his work.

And since that mine-thread is part of this forum, that impacts my interest in this forum.
    Doesn't that sound familiar!

Mr. RiverRat: Please delete my account.

- I tried to find the option to do it myself, but couldn't find any.

i dont know who you are, but take care and be safe on your adventures.

Flugel Horn, you should just turn off notifications and simply not return (if that is what you want, I mean). I could also set your account to "unregistered / not logged in" but that wouldn't effectively be any different. It would just mean you REALLY can't ever post again unless you create a different account with a different email address.

+ Reply to Thread