+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darcy Kozak charged with 2 more murders

Default Darcy Kozak charged with 2 more murders

Last December RCMP charged Darcy Kozak of Campbell River with the murder of Ken "Hippie" Robinson, a well known Nanaimo street urchin. Readers may remember this satanist moron who used to push a shopping cart with a dog in it while begging coins from the citizens.

Unlike most of the druggie clowns who pollute our city, Hippie was actually from Nanaimo. He still has family living here. Apparently he fried his brain with LSD, a poison that he himself concocted and sold to our children in the early 80's. Rumor has it that Hippie was run out of Parksville for short eye perversion and has also been accused of unatural relations with his dog.

Apparently Kozak has been taking out the trash. He was yesterday charged with two more murders of scumbags, Luc Dulude and Ken Leask. Dulude was a useless piece of crap who habitually stole from citizens to get by in this world without honest work. Leask was also known as a worthless waste of skin. I'll post more here on his bad habits as the investigation proceeds.

It seems that Kozak's undoing was his inability to keep his mouth shut. RCMP got onto his game when he bragged in prison. This was long after the RCMP smeared an innocent man's reputation as part of a dirty tricks campaign based on rumor. Fortunately for the victim, most people now believe nothing of what the RCMP say.

Darcy is also infamous for taking Colwood police on a chase with truck and trailer and for returning fire when a highwayman jumped and assaulted him with pepper spray while he was riding his quad.

All in all, this is good news. There are now four less problem children effecting our civilisation.

If only we could do something about the worst gang in town.

the Eye

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver...103869624.html
    Campbell River man charged with three murders

By Paul Rudan - Campbell River Mirror
    Published: September 27, 2010 10:00 AM
    Updated: September 27, 2010 12:48 PM

A Campbell River man is now accused of committing three murders.

Darcy Kozak, 38, is presently in custody, charged with first degree murder in the death of Kenneth Robinson.

On Monday, Kozak was charged with two more unrelated counts of first degree murder.

He is charged in the death of Luc Dulude, a career criminal whose remains were found in a derelict commercial building in Willow Point (Campbell River) in December 2008.

During their investigation into Dulude's death, RCMP learned about the suspicious disappearance of Kenneth Allan Leask, who's originally from Powell River.

According to a statement from police, "Extensive investigation has determined Leask was killed in the fall of 2008 near Campbell River." However, Leask's body has never been found.

The latest charges were the result of a lengthy investigation by RCMP in Campbell River, the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit, E Division Major Crime Unit and the Island District General Investigation Section.

Kozak has been in custody since last December when he was arrested in connection with Robinson's death.

Robinsonís badly decomposed body was discovered by hikers in a wooded area of Shawnigan Lake in August 2007. It took another four months to identify his remains.

Robinson and his dog Angel disappeared from Nanaimo in May 2007.

Robinson was 45 when he and his dog went missing and had lived much of his adult life on Nanaimoís streets.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...ac69e0&k=75827
    Wild chase with eight accidents leads to jail term for truck driver
    A combination of crack cocaine, a dysfunctional relationship with a rich, drug-addicted girlfriend and the death of an adored dog led to a frenzied drive through the highways and byways of Colwood and Langford, West Shore provincial court was told yesterday.
    By Times Colonist (Victoria) April 8, 2008 Be the first to post a comment
    A combination of crack cocaine, a dysfunctional relationship with a rich, drug-addicted girlfriend and the death of an adored dog led to a frenzied drive through the highways and byways of Colwood and Langford, West Shore provincial court was told yesterday.

The wild chase, which resulted in eight accidents and forced a commissionaire at the military Fleet Diving Unit to jump for his life, netted the driver of a truck and trailer one year in jail, a two-year driving ban and three years probation.

Darcy Kozak, 36, was given credit for 71/2 months already served, after pleading guilty to a raft of charges, including dangerous driving, flight from a peace officer, assaulting a peace officer and possession of a narcotic.

"Your driving was dangerous in the extreme. You were oblivious to anything else going on about you," said Judge Wayne Smith. "It is fortuitous that the offences before the court are not much more serious."

Crown counsel Jamie Dunlap said the mayhem started about midday June 5, with Kozak wildly driving a flatdeck truck and trailer around the London Drugs parking lot at Colwood Corners.

He hit a hydro pole on Goldstream Avenue and broadsided a van before doing a U-turn and swinging onto Wilfert Road, where he crashed through the gate at the Fleet Diving Unit, clipping the commissionaire as he jumped out of the way. Kozak then hit another car.

After driving across the highway median, the trailer tires blew, adding to the erratic driving, Dunlap said.

Kozak drove into oncoming traffic before speeding down Sooke Lake Road, Humpback Road and back onto Sooke Road at about 95 kilometres per hour. The police pursuit stopped near Glen Lake school, because of safety concerns, but the vehicle was tracked by an unmarked police car.

Kozak crashed into another van, dragging it 14 metres, before smashing through the window of Ashley's Furniture.

"When he was arrested he punched the RCMP officer in the face," Dunlap said.

Claims from the rampage, already paid out by ICBC, come to $44,389, he said. "And there was very significant potential for causing death or bodily harm."

Defence lawyer Peter Ritchie said Kozak worked for most of his life as a journeyman mechanic, but things started to go wrong when he moved from Gold River to Campbell River to be with a girlfriend.

While there, he had to tie up his St. Bernard dog while he was at work and, one day the dog asphyxiated "and died in his arms," Ritchie said.

Shortly afterwards, Kozak, who already had a predilection for drugs, hooked up with a woman who had money and a liking for non-prescription drugs.

"It's a very bad combination and he fell into the use of crack cocaine," Ritchie said. "His life went completely sideways."

Kozak was on crack and had had a seizure before the Colwood rampage, Ritchie said. "He thought someone was going to kill him. Someone was chasing him."

Kozak, reading from a letter he wrote to the court, said he is thankful no one was killed.

"I wish I could take back so many things," said Kozak, who wants to start a boat tour business with his new girlfriend.

Kozak was also sentenced to 30 days in jail, to be served concurrently, for a separate incident in Campbell River, November 2006, when he was driving an all-terrain vehicle and was chased by police into an off-road area. When caught, Kozak was unco-operative and was pepper sprayed.

Kozak then pulled out a can of pepper spray himself and sprayed the police officer, Dunlap said.

"He said 'it smarts doesn't it,' " Dunlap said.

A police dog, called to search for Kozak after he ran into the bush, bit his leg to the extent it needed stitches, Ritchie said.

jlavoie@tc.canwest.com

© (c) CanWest MediaWorks Publications Inc.
    http://quads.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2...&view=previous

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&biw=1676...e9afdc1c4696ce

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?si...contentId=7482

http://www.vancouverite.com/2010/09/...ing-three-men/

This story is all over today's news.

Reported by the Vancouver sun;

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/For...414/story.html

Former Victoria resident faces three murder charges

By Sandra McCulloch and Kim Westad, timescolonist.com September 27, 2010

Leask and Kozak met in jail and the two formed a relationship through the drug trade, said the victimís brother Roddy Leask from Powell River on Monday.

The three victims all had criminal records, largely for breaking and entering, possession of stolen property and theft.
    Newspapers make lots of mistakes. Note that the photo cation states that Leask's body was found dead in 08, truth is, no body was found.

Another un-truth regarding this is the idea that Hippie had a job to go to in Shawnagan Lake.

Friends said that he was trying to get off the streets of Nanaimo by taking a job in Shawnigan Lake in the spring of 2007.
    Hippie's new job was to wash dishes at Mon Petit Choux on Commercial St. in Nanaimo. In his last days Hippie not once mentioned Shawnigan Lake while speaking often of his new dishwashing gig in Nanaimo.

It's not really important, but it does change the impression of what was going on. Tim L. spoke to a Daily News reporter after the body was found and the idea that Hippie got a job in Shawnigan was born. No one intended to deceive. It's another example of how newspapers can get the story wrong.

This guy may be in custody for 2 murders - but is that really all he did? Is it possible that he may have been involved one way to another murder?

I used to see Hippie every day when I played downtown. At first he freaked me out, as he was definetely different. He stood up for me a couple of times when I might have been in trouble with some pretty mean panhandlers and drunk buskers. I have a few pics of him I can post when I figure out how. What a sad ending! He never did any harm to me. I loved his dog!

In and around north Nanaimo and Lantzville

Quote Originally Posted by queen of the waterfront View Post
    I used to see Hippie every day when I played downtown. At first he freaked me out, as he was definetely different. He stood up for me a couple of times when I might have been in trouble with some pretty mean panhandlers and drunk buskers. I have a few pics of him I can post when I figure out how. What a sad ending! He never did any harm to me. I loved his dog!
    Yeah, I came across him a few times. He may have had a dark side but was always a nice, polite guy around me. Angel, his dog, was adorable.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver...114592954.html

Multiple murder trial moves to Nanaimo

Published: January 25, 2011 3:00 PM
    A local man charged with three murders will not be tried in Campbell River.

Darcy Kozak, 38, remains in custody and is charged with three counts of first degree murder.

His trial was expected to be held in B.C. Supreme Court in Campbell River. However, due to a lack of court time here, the trial has been moved to Nanaimo where one of the dead men resided.

Kenneth Robinson, 45, of Nanaimo was a homeless man who, along with his dog, disappeared in May 2007. His badly decomposed body was discovered by hikers in a wooded area of Shawnigan Lake in August 2007.

In December 2008, the body of Luc Dulude was found in abandoned commercial building in Willow Point. Dulude was a career criminal who had been released from jail a few months before he was found dead.

During the investigation into Duludeís death, Campbell River RCMP learned of the disappearance of Kenneth Allan Leask, who was originally from Powell River.

According to police, Leask was killed in the fall of 2008 near Campbell River. His body has never been found.

Kozak was arrested in December 2009 in connection with Robinsonís death. He was held in custody and later charged with the two Campbell River murders following a lengthy investigation by police.

His next court appearance is slated for July 4 in Nanaimo. The trial is slated to last three months, beginning April 10, 2012.

Accused killer has trial moved to Victoria Supreme Court and is set to start September 10.

Accused killer has trial moved

Island man faces three counts of first-degree murder

BY MATTHEW GAUK, DAILY NEWS APRIL 20, 2012

A Vancouver Island man accused of three separate murders, from Shawnigan Lake to Campbell River, will now have his case heard in Victoria Supreme Court, a pre-trial conference in Nanaimo determined on Thursday.

Darcy William Kozak, 40, is accused of killing Nanaimo homeless man Kenneth Douglas Robinson in spring 2007, as well as killing two men in the Campbell River area in the years following.

Kozak's trial was originally set for a four-week trial in Nanaimo Supreme Court by judge and jury, but was moved at the request of his lawyer, Jim Heller. Pre-trial conferences, which are closed to the public, are used to discuss issues of the case such as witness numbers or pre-trial applications.

Kozak faces three first-degree murder charges stemming from three separate incidents, according to Criminal Justice Branch communications lawyer Neil MacKenzie.

Robinson, 45, disappeared from the streets in May 2007 and his murder allegedly occurred between May 11 and June 5. His body was found in a wooded area of Shawnigan Lake in August of that year. Identification was difficult because the body was undiscovered for a long period of time, police said at the time. Robinson had been a Nanaimo resident for more than 20 years and had become a fixture on the streets.

He frequented the downtown core and was often seen with his dog, Angel.

Robinson, known on the streets as "Hippie," reportedly tried making money reading tarot cards at various places around downtown. Before he died, he boasted about getting a job as a dishwasher.

The body of Quebecer Luc Rene Dulude 49, was found by Campbell River RCMP in an vacant commercial building on the Island Highway in that city in December 2008, RCMP said then. He was known to be a career criminal and drug addict.

At that time, police became aware of the suspicious disappearance of Powell River's Kenneth Allan Leask and an investigation later showed he was killed in fall 2008 near Campbell River, RCMP said.

Kozak, who pleaded not guilty to the charges, is in custody, said Heller. The trial is set to start Sept. 10.

MGauk@nanaimodailynews.com 250-729-4229

© Copyright (c) Postmedia News

Contrary to what some people believe, Hippie did not have a job lined up in Shawnigan Lake. The dishwashing job was at Mon Petit Choux, 120 Commercial St., Nanaimo.

What he was doing, or how he got to Shawnigan Lake has not been determined.

http://www.campbellrivermirror.com/news/148760165.html

Multiple murder trial moves again

Published: April 24, 2012 2:00 PM

Updated: April 24, 2012 2:27 PM

The travelling road show, known as the Darcy Kozak murder trial, is on the move again.

The 39-year-old Campbell River man is facing three separate counts of first degree murder and is presently in custody.

His trial was originally slated for B.C. Supreme Court in Campbell River, but in January 2011, the trial venue was moved to Nanaimo.

Now, this week, word is the trial is moving again, to supreme court in Victoria. The four-week trial is expected to begin Sept. 10.

Kozak is accused of killing 45-year-old Kenneth Robinson. The homeless man from Nanaimo disappeared, along with his dog, in May 2007. His badly decomposed body was discovered by hikers in a wooded area of Shawnigan Lake in August 2007.

In December 2008, the body of Luc Dulude was found in abandoned commercial building in Willow Point. Dulude was a career criminal who had been released from jail a few months before he was found dead.

During the investigation into Dulude’s death, Campbell River RCMP learned of the disappearance of Kenneth Allan Leask, who was originally from Powell River.

According to police, Leask was killed in the fall of 2008 near Campbell River. His body has never been found.

Kozak was arrested in December 2009 in connection with Robinson’s death. He was held in custody and later charged with the two Campbell River murders following a lengthy investigation by police.

Default Check your facts

Just an FYI:
    Hippie as you are calling him has a family, and we loved him. We don't appreciate him being reffered to as a waste of space or speculation about beastiality; as this is completely unfounded. Furthermore, his condition, although none of your business, is not due to LSD.
    But due to physical injuries and illness present and sustained much earlier in his life. It would be great if people reporting on the Internet held themselves to a higher standard instead of relying on conjecture and rumor for their information.

I myself was truly hurt by your article.

+ Reply to Thread