+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Campbell to step down

Default Gordon Campbell to step down

BREAKING: Premier to step down, says it's time for a new person to lead B.C.

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/BR...#ixzz14FdsJHnu

A new person to lead or screw residents more?

Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    Depends on your vote I would imagine.
    Giddy'up Go

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    Depends on your vote I would imagine.
    having PR status only, I cannot vote. But, let's look at the reality. Here, like the US, there is far too much gov't and not enough money to support it so we get taxed and taxed again. Services get cut back, programs canceled. Why? There isn't enough money and they have reached the limits that they can tax us.

Before any election, this time they should do a full and complete expose' of canidates. Show us the person's true self. All to often elected officials are not the person they portray to be. Once in the big chair, they change- they are for sale to the highest bidder and damn anything they told us to get in that big chair.

I think this is the time for a complete overhaul of the system. Its time a common man {or woman} steps up. We need people who truly want to change this place for good. The current gov't is killing itself and the people. As it is right now, Gordon knows he is about to be pushed out of office so he is jumping. he screwed the province up and now is bailing out. Fine. Now, lets get the rest of it cleaned out, too.

The people in power now have no idea how hard life is, how much gas costs. They don't realize the costs of food, insurance, housing or any of life's requirements. And, they don't care. They have money.

We don't. A common man is busting his hump to make the bills and the gov't steals 1/3 to 1/2 of his earnings.. We have ICBC slamming us against the wall for money. We have landlords charging too much for their flop houses. BC Hydro is constantly raising its rates. Cable TV is expensive for even the basic service. Garbage service has been cut in half but property taxes keep climbing.

I ask you........... what does the average elected official know about this? Most likely, nothing.

Why can't a common person get the job? Is there a law that one must be a liar, theif, and deception artist to qualify? Why can't things go to a vote before they hit us with new laws? Why can't we get honest answers from the gov't?

I listened to a friend talk last night about her home country. It is a third world place where very few have any luxuries. Others used to have it. But, the gov't started taxing people until there was no money left to take. So, then the gov't started taking peoples' homes and possessions leaving them with just the bare basics. The people started losing some liberties, and over a few years, lost all liberties.

Look around you. Taxes are so high, most folks can't afford to buy things, not because of costs, but because the added taxes make the items out of reach. And if it is an automobile, if you could pay the tax, can you afford the insurance? Liberties: have you watched those leave you? Can you recall when you used to could go fishing nearly anywhere? Not anymore? Do you recall a time when you could bring a car from another province and not have to deal with all the riffraff you do today? Did you always have to wear a seat belt in a car or a bicycle helmet on a bike? How many liberites have you lost in the past three decades?

I know this post is long, but it is to make you think. The gov't doesn't careabout it's people. Do you know of someone that does care and wants to see this place truly prosper? Do you know someone that can get companies to bring their manufactoring plants here? Wouldn't it be nice if we had a car plant here? Minus the union crap, of course. People could work. If prices weren't so high because of taxes. people could buy, putting more people to work.

The current gov't is interested is stealing as much as possible from a few people and not interested in putting many people to work, cutting taxes and collecting more from the more people working. As it is, the only ones that are getting anywhere are the drug addicts and welfare bums.

Come on, folks, lets find a common man of common sense to lead this place. Otherwise, we could end up a third world province

I know this post is long, but it is to make you think. The gov't doesn't careabout it's people. Do you know of someone that does care and wants to see this place truly prosper? Do you know someone that can get companies to bring their manufactoring plants here? Wouldn't it be nice if we had a car plant here? Minus the union crap, of course. People could work. If prices weren't so high because of taxes. people could buy, putting more people to work.

Can you imagine a car plant in BC?!! What are we missing here folks?

QuoteCan you imagine a car plant in BC?!! What are we missing here folks? Quote

Go ahead; we are listening!
    DEFILER PRODUCTIONS - Sound, stage and lighting - for all your events

Oh my, we'd have nothing buy Not In My Back Yard all over this place. The amount of industry that is created to support that industry is in itself crazy and although good for business it generally isn't good for the environment. The problem with our current life style is we throw stuff out, instead of fixing it. We are in the process of throwing out a leader, instead as one could parallel the simple fact it needs to be fixed instead.

Zedex is so close to the truth, it hurts. The average family simply can not support all this crap that we pay for in tax that some particular group wants or needs to secure future votes. The federal bailouts are no different - GM, please, really, gotta give that money to southern ON or we loose the votes. You know, sometimes a giant needs to die. Personally, I'm sick and tired of all the laws that protect ourselves from ourselves. Sometimes the gene pool needs some chlorine... Darwin, where are you when we need you, there's a good amount of idiots on the south end of this island that could use a wake up call.
    Wyatt Earp
    Knows a thing or two about a thing or two but is always willing to learn about a third!
    www.arrowsmithpm.com

As you said, Wyatt Earp, the giant needs to die. They committed their own murders. Here's how I see it:

The federal bailout for the likes of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and AIG is BS. This was money that was suppossed to help the companies from bad debts and help cover the costs of the exsisting home loans. The theory being the money would help the companies and allow more time for home owners to get caught up. Instead, the companies started kicking people to the curb and foreclosing. How does this stimulate economies? A better use of the money would have been to give the money to those with house payments. If they paid the bill, the company gains and the people have a home. If they don't pay, then the company can foreclose. Thats the way it should be. If the company overspends, that is their problem, not ours. You didn't hear of " Bubba John's Barber Shop" asking for bailouts, did you? The small man knows how to spend, how to save. He has to because if he doesn't, he is out of business. And, if he did ask for a handout, would he have gotten it? Of course not. He ain't big {read:worthy} enough.

But, no. They gave the money to the giant and the giant, in turn, kills the people. The very first thing AIG did with their first fistful of cash was pay astounding bonuses to the top execs and then spend $12M on a vacation package of two weeks for each of them. That right there was enough for me to call the money back and cancel any hopes they had at bailout bucks. But, no. They were passed hundreds of billions more over a two year period.

Other giants like the auto industry were slightly different. If they built a car people could afford and make it reliable like the Japanese counterparts, there would be no bailout needed. But, sales dropped due to poor quality, scamming stealerships, bad designs, lack of fuel economy and more importantly, unions.

On that note, let me say that unions are the cause of many business failures. They demand higher pay, more benefits, more paid time off, more breaks and rig the system so that crappy employees cannot be terminated. Now, not only does this give employees more incentive to do less {if anything}, but it gives the owners less incentive to produce high quality products and services. Then, the whole business structure fails and people are unemployed and the unions are pissed about it. Like big corporations, the union kills itself.

In the likes of the auto industry, the union pay is so high, the cars become unaffordable. Who will pay $45,000 for a crappy car from a dealership that scams people when they can buy comparable for half and have a halfway decent dealership?

And, since we are on the subject, let me say the gov'ts should have withdrawn the bailout given Chrysler. I would have demanded immediate return of all money. Why, you ask? The very day after getting their welfare check, Chrysler sold to Fiat. This was a planned event as deals this big don't happen on a whim. They were waiting for cash in hand to announce the deal. Part of the condition of the bailout was public ownership. But, that cannot happen when the company sells out to another country.

Back to BC.

There is so much land here, it is scary. look around at the vast wealth of good ground that could support a large company. The natural resources are here, the labor is here. WTF is the problem? If I ran the show here, I would set up parcels of land for construction of big businesses. I would even give 100% free usage of the land and mandate a huge discount on power and water for anyone wanting to bring their company here as long as they hired only local people- no overseas outfarming allowed, no imported labor permitted. Except for higher staffing, everyone would be BC residents. The businesses would not have to pay property taxes as the land would still belong to BC, but leased out in 50 year terms. I would even minimize the income taxes for them. Just put our people to work.

But, the burned out brain dead hippies are in charge of the program here and they are not about to let anything happen here. Don't cut a tree down, don't relocate that species of earthworm, and certainly do not anyone that can employ people in. What's wrong with these people? In order to support each and every one of their causes and cries, we all pay big. And then, the hippies bitch about that.

Look at Saturn. This was a branch of GM. They built an eco-friendly plant in Tennessee { I think it was there}. I saw the place years ago. Until you were practically on the door step, you had no idea such a big plant was there. No smoke, no smog, no noise. Just a quiet little town of nice trimmed lawns and quiet people. Then you take a ride to the country side and drive past farms and fields and there is a long road you follow and then, before you know it, a plant. Nice clean and quiet. Moral: It could be done there, it could be done here.

As I said before, it's time to clean house and get rid of all the idiots that are repressing and depressing the people of BC. lets get some fresh brains in every branch of BC gov't. lets get some common sense folks that are not scared of making a truly favorable difference for this province. If we don't do this, we could become the third world province.

Zedex, I agree with most of what you are saying. In BC I think it is important that we protect the landscape - there is value in that, however, you are correct in that too many people think we are going to do nothing but protect it.
    Consider just for a moment that the UK is approximately 9x the size of Vancouver Island (31,280 sq km) and the UK is (243,000 sq km) and yet more people are stuffed in the city of London and the surrounding area than all of Canada combined. Scary to think that we've got all this room that we don't know what to do with it. That falls squarely in contrast to the RGS which indicates we will only see 3% growth over the next 20 years. Statistical data only goes so far and in this case I think it is dead wrong.

The scary thing is that when we get this baffoons running the show we don't get any vision - I don't care which party it is they are all short sighted in my opinion.
    Wyatt Earp
    Knows a thing or two about a thing or two but is always willing to learn about a third!
    www.arrowsmithpm.com

+ Reply to Thread