+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cliff mcnabb

Default Cliff mcnabb

THE CLIFF MCNABB STORY

FROM SPORTS TO POLITICS - CLIFF MCNABB is another one of those personalties that defines Nanaimo

How long before the Nanaimo Ice Centre becomes the Larry McNabb Ice Center? Or arre they saving the name for our new multiplex, that Larry was the strongest proponent for? Either way it is something that happen, given Larry's ambasadorship for sports in Nanaimo.

Love him or not, he will be missed! Go get 'em big guy!
    Wyatt Earp
    Knows a thing or two about a thing or two but is always willing to learn about a third!
    www.arrowsmithpm.com

The generation I grew up in, both Larry and Cliff were prominent figures. From the days of watching Larry coach the Clippers, Cliff was the GM. No one has ever sharpened my skates as well as Larry did.

And Cliff, well, he was my first ever hockey coach when I was in grade 2, Peanut B. Cliff was the first person to put me in goal. My second year of Bantam, he was the manager of my A Rep team. He remained a friend and supporter of mine as I went through the levels of hockey and through into Junior.

From a little kid who could barely skate, through adulthood he always called me "Shooter" even though I was a goalie! "Mr. Cliff" will always hold a special place with me.

+ Reply to Thread