+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long weekend traffic rant!

Default Long weekend traffic rant!

Coming back from Qualicum to Nanaimo today was practically a killer! I couldn't believe how many people were on the highway and speeding like mad people to get to their destination. It wasn't just cars and light trucks. It was big rig trucks with trailers, loaded and unloaded, tailgating and driving like idiots. We finally said to heck with it and pulled over and let the crowd of lunatics all move on ahead of us. But about a minute after that crowd was gone, another flood of cars and trucks came up behind us and did the same thing.

Did anyone else experience this today out on the highway?

Downtown Nanaimo was not much better. Glad to be home, and alive.

yes, bad traffic

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    yes, bad traffic

Okay, thanks for the reply. I kind of thought it was bad out there.

The buzz is on!! School is out and summer has begun. Today many of my neighbours were busy packing and getting ready to exit to a fun time -camping.

Summer time is a really important time for drivers to be even more aware and attentive when driving. School is out and people are in a hurry to get to the party time.

Happy summer times to all!!
    DEFILER PRODUCTIONS - Sound, stage and lighting - for all your events

Did anyone get caught up in the traffic conjestion today - July 2/11 regarding the first Nanaimo Toy Bike run through Nanaimo today. I wonder who paid for the road control persons, RCMP and extra police vans/trucks to be on road blocks throughout downtown and all along Comox/Bowen Road all the way up to Beban Park

I could not believe my eyes seeing all those bikes creating a whole line of traffic jam. They were given top prioity on the road; with assistance. When I looked in my rear view mirror I thought * holly crap*. Then all the vehicles were stopped; to allow all these bikes to move on as a group. Must have been 300 to 400 at least.
    DEFILER PRODUCTIONS - Sound, stage and lighting - for all your events

The toy runs are a nice idea. But what most of these poor families really need is MONEY. Or at least food on the table three times per day.

I wonder how many toys from these toy runs end up being sold on craigslist, so families can actually buy food and clothing?

"..tailgating and driving like idiots."

You didn't know? Neither common sense nor common courtesy are common here on the island. In fact, tailgating and speeding are known as actual driving techniques by the locals. You'll also find in island driving handbooks under Optional Maneuvers, such examples as completing a stop, yielding to traffic when in an on-ramp merging lane, and of course signaling.

you have obviously never lived in a major city/metropolis MDavis. I like the Parkway. There is never a traffic jam, the rare accident. an occassional speed trap and rolling mountains and evergreens in my rearview mirror. try a trip on a highway in Southeren Ont. The preferred speed? 140km per hr. WE HAVE IT GOOD ON THE ISLAND.

oh btw. if you do not like the new highway, take the old one.

+ Reply to Thread