+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby Salsa Mexican NEW!

Default Baby Salsa Mexican NEW!

I tried the new Baby Salsa Mexican restaurant in the University Mall....small but nice with the best and most authentic Mexican food I've found north of the 49th. parallel. Chicken with spicy mole sauce.... wide variety of dishes including a couple with fish.... REAL homemade nachos with great salsa! I'm going to be spending a lot of time at this place (and no,I don't even know the owners<G>)

Love good Mexican food,Ill give it a whirl,thanks for the FYI

I will have to try it. It's sooooo hard to find even semi-authentic Mexican food.

Quote Originally Posted by kimchi View Post
    I will have to try it. It's sooooo hard to find even semi-authentic Mexican food.
    ...well Ginas isn't too bad....at least they're not a chain...but this place is much better IMHO...

while being a good place to eat, i'd categorize Ginas as semi-authenic Tex-cali-mex as opposed to mexican. I can't wait to try out this new place, as nanaimo lacks a mexican place. Does anyone remember that mexican ( central american? ) place on northfeild/old highway ( in the hotel )a number of years past? That place was fantastic!
    Cheers
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by mrraulduke View Post
    while being a good place to eat, i'd categorize Ginas as semi-authenic Tex-cali-mex as opposed to mexican. I can't wait to try out this new place, as nanaimo lacks a mexican place. Does anyone remember that mexican ( central american? ) place on northfeild/old highway ( in the hotel )a number of years past? That place was fantastic!
    Are you maybe thinking of the Port Of Call motel where Gilly B's Restaurant (at the corner of highway and Townsite rd)
    is now? There was a mexican place there a few years back - it was quite good if I remember. I like Gina's food isn't bad and its fun there as well.

I <3 Baby Salsa!! I think Ginas has been brainwashing ppl as to what "Mexican" is. Ginas; olives in the rice!?!!?!? 'nuff said.

What's the scoop on Delicado's on Wesley? The spelling may be off?
    Thanks, Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Barrie C. Taylor View Post
    What's the scoop on Delicado's on Wesley? The spelling may be off?
    Barry - Delicados is a great place - lots of yummy food. They have grown to 6 locations . Here is a link to their website and their menu - http://delicados-deli.com/index.html?FrontPage4.htm&2

Quote Originally Posted by 31jetjet View Post
    I <3 Baby Salsa!! I think Ginas has been brainwashing ppl as to what "Mexican" is. Ginas; olives in the rice!?!!?!? 'nuff said.
    I have seen many recipes for Mexican rice with both green and black olives. Olives have been grown in Mexico since the 1700's. I am still a fan of Ginas. We went to Baby Salsa for lunch one day - it was ok but to me Ginas is better. Just a matter of taste I guess.

+ Reply to Thread