Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seminar: Build Your Business Through Outsourcing

Default Seminar: Build Your Business Through Outsourcing

Tues, Jan 24, 2012
    7pm to 9pm
    Beban Social Complex
    2300 Bowen Road, Nanaimo

It takes a lot of skills to succeed with an Internet business. Skills like web design, copywriting, customer support, marketing plans, search engine optimization, and many more. Unless you are a genius, it is unlikely that you will have every skill you need. And, even if you do, where would you get enough time?

No matter how gifted you are, a talented team of outsourcers will help you make money faster.

Outsourcing is critical to help you save time and make more money. But how do you find capable, affordable help online? How do you supervise them? How can you communicate clearly what you want them to do? And what do you do if they fail?

In this session, Garland Coulson "The E-Business Tutor" will share his secrets of outsourcing with you.

You will learn:
    • How to build your business by outsourcing the work that is keeping you stuck
    • Why your dollar goes much further overseas, letting you hire workers for $3 to $5 an hour
    • Where the best places to find online workers are
    • How to choose the right outsourcers
    • How to tell if your workers are on the job or just running up your billing hours while they goof off playing games and posting on FaceBook
    • Choosing the right tasks to outsource
    • How to give clear instructions and how to supervise the work

Seminar is $25 + HST. Reserve your spot at the link below:
    http://nanaimomentorship.com/worksho...by-outsourcing
    Garland Coulson, Captain Time - http://CaptainTime.com

Hmmm interesting, but I'd much rather hire in my own town and work directly with someone. I think it's easier and it's keeping money in my own community.
    http://www.vireviews.ca

There are some cases where hiring local outsourcers makes sense and my seminar does cover these.

To make a profit when running your business, you need to make your dollars work as hard as possible for you. One of the largest benefits of outsourcing to other countries is that you can hire 6 full time people for the cost of 1 full time person in Canada.

Because of outsourcing, I can take on more projects and build my business faster. This helps the overseas people earn a good living and helps the local economy because I spend the money I earn here and support local businesses and non-profits.

And, I do have both local and overseas people who work with me, but if I didn't have the overseas freelance workers, I couldn't afford to hire the local people.

Outsourcing isn't evil, when done properly it creates opportunities locally and overseas. That is what I teach.

In and around north Nanaimo and Lantzville

Why outsource offshore and leave people here looking for work? Ethically, I think there's a big issue here and I suspect that many customers would have something to say if they found that the company that they were dealing with was outsourcing. In most cases, companies that outsource do not disclose this and continue to charge the same rates as someone who is paying fair and ethical wages. The items you list above in your seminar are services that can be provided locally. Sometimes it can't be about the dollar - you have to do what is right. There's a good reason why companies like Shaw are starting to be a bit louder about the fact that they don't outsource.

Quote Originally Posted by tailtwister View Post
    Why outsource offshore and leave people here looking for work? Ethically, I think there's a big issue here and I suspect that many customers would have something to say if they found that the company that they were dealing with was outsourcing. In most cases, companies that outsource do not disclose this and continue to charge the same rates as someone who is paying fair and ethical wages. The items you list above in your seminar are services that can be provided locally. Sometimes it can't be about the dollar - you have to do what is right. There's a good reason why companies like Shaw are starting to be a bit louder about the fact that they don't outsource.
    A startup business needs to watch its costs.

Not many people would pay 6x as much for a television made in Canada instead of one made in Asia. Are all the products in your home made in BC, or even Canada? Likely not.

Just like consumers won't pay 6x as much for their household goods, it is unrealistic to expect businesses to pay 6x the cost for work they need to run their business successfully. This would put them at a disadvantage over their competitors .

Outsourcing offshore allows businesses to grow their business faster because they can hire 6 full time people offshore for the price of one here. It lets a creative business owner launch new projects, new products and new businesses that would not have been affordable using just local people.

The additional money the business makes is spent primarily in the local community, helping local economic growth. As this business grows, it hires more people, both overseas AND locally.

My business uses both local people and overseas people. Without the work and opportunities created by using my overseas workers, I couldn't hire the local people.

So outsourcing can create local economic benefits and local jobs. It is a global economy and learning how to work with people and customers the world round is critical to business success.

In and around north Nanaimo and Lantzville

Sometimes ethics are just a bit more important...

You are talking about creative services here, not building TVs. There are lots of companies locally, regionally, provincially and nationally that are doing just fine without having to send their work offshore. Maybe they are selling at a higher price than you which means they aren't undercutting everyone else. It all comes around. If the startup sold at a price that was market compatible, then they'd likely not have to outsource offshore unless its more about greed. I can't answer that because I don't know the parties involved. But what I can say is that yes, a Canadian made TV might be overpriced for this market but the services that you are promoting to be outsourced are not overpriced in our local market and outsourcing underminds our local economy and could potentially put the client at risk. When given the option, I won't use a company that outsources offshore (ie Telus vs Shaw). I wish I had that opportunity more but to answer your question, yes, I'm willing to pay more for more qualified local workers.

"The additional money the business makes is spent primarily in the local community, helping local economic growth"

Could you show me how you know that the money your business makes is from primarily local sources, seeing as your advertising is on the web , and international, I would think. I have seen your websites.

Quote Originally Posted by tailtwister View Post
    Sometimes ethics are just a bit more important...

You are talking about creative services here, not building TVs. There are lots of companies locally, regionally, provincially and nationally that are doing just fine without having to send their work offshore. Maybe they are selling at a higher price than you which means they aren't undercutting everyone else. It all comes around. If the startup sold at a price that was market compatible, then they'd likely not have to outsource offshore unless its more about greed. I can't answer that because I don't know the parties involved. But what I can say is that yes, a Canadian made TV might be overpriced for this market but the services that you are promoting to be outsourced are not overpriced in our local market and outsourcing underminds our local economy and could potentially put the client at risk. When given the option, I won't use a company that outsources offshore (ie Telus vs Shaw). I wish I had that opportunity more but to answer your question, yes, I'm willing to pay more for more qualified local workers.
    How is it "unethical" to provide jobs to people in third world countries that help them feed their families? We are citizens of the world, not just our local community or country.

It is a global economy. Why should a business pay 6x the cost for labour when a consumer won't pay 6x the cost for shoes or a television. Why is it unethical for a business to buy worldwide and not for consumers?

My money is made from clients from all over the world. This money comes into my bank account here in Canada. Since I live in Nanaimo, I spend most of my income here. Housing, food, clothing, entertainment, etc.

So by creating my own business and bringing this money in from all over the world, I am helping the local economy and I am not taking a job away from a local person because I have created my own income instead of applying for jobs here.

And I have been able to hire people both overseas AND local. So as I said before, my outsourcing is creating a net benefit to the local economy, not draining it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    "The additional money the business makes is spent primarily in the local community, helping local economic growth"

Could you show me how you know that the money your business makes is from primarily local sources, seeing as your advertising is on the web , and international, I would think. I have seen your websites.
    My money is made from clients from all over the world. This money comes into my bank account here in Canada. Since I live in Nanaimo, I spend most of my income here. Housing, food, clothing, entertainment, etc.

So by creating my own business and bringing this money in from all over the world, I am helping the local economy and I am not taking a job away from a local person because I have created my own income instead of applying for jobs here.

And I have been able to hire people both overseas AND local. So as I said before, my outsourcing is creating a net benefit to the local economy, not draining it.

+ Reply to Thread