+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Local windshield repair shops

Default Local windshield repair shops

Some jerk in a big truck cut me off *and* dinged me with a pretty big rock - which I thought I managed to get away with until two days later when CRAAAAAAACK - my windshield is now pretty much split in two, and that crack is growing bigger every day! A quick google gave me Budget, Speedy Autoglass and Apple as local businesses but there don't seem to be any reviews. Anybody have any personal experience? I don't think price is going to matter much as I believe my deductible is something like $200 or $300 (still have to figure that bit out) but, you know - service or quality or whatever is good to know about. Thanks!

If it's already a spreading crack rather than just a chip, you might as well get the windshield replaced... I had a guy come out to my house and do it right in my driveway 2 yrs. ago when I first moved here....it was a minivan from out of provence (any crack at all and you have to replace the windshield to get licensed) cost about $300...I thought it would have been more....don't remember the name but I was referred to them by the Canadian tire service counter....I'm sure they're in the yellow pages....

I am replacing it. That's why I said the price isn't going to matter much as the deductible means it's pretty much going to cost me the same any place.

There is a shop on Nicol st just a block or two from the New Hope center, heading south. It is on the left. They did a few jobs for me and I would easily say the job was excellent and the price was fair.

Of course it is expected that ICBC would bailout on the most common form of auto body work and have a seperate policy for that. But, have you noticed that the deductible is nearly ALL the cost of glass?? A $300 windsheild had a $200 deductible. They will cover the remaining $100, but the policy rate will go up because you filed a claim. That $100 will cost you huge in the end- right where ICBC wants to put to us-in the end.

I skip that coverage as it is a scam and just cover the glass myself.

Anyway, go where I pointed you. They are great folks doing a superior job.

I would recommend Broko auto glass, up near Woodgrove. They picked me up and dropped me off to work twice and they went above and beyond. Here is the link to my recommendation:

http://www.nanaimoinformation.com/fo...oko-Auto-Glass

I have never bought collision insurance and only buy comprehensive insurance. I have replaced my windshield in every car I have owned in the last 20 years and my rates have never gone up. The only time your lose any of your discount is if you have an accident that is your fault or partially your fault. The last car I got that got a window chip right in front of the driver cost me $200.00, without comprehensive it would have been $800.00

Pat

Thanks Pat, that sounds like a great place - and thanks for the info on insurance!

Budget Glass, just off of Norwell Dr. near the Chevron station. Nice people, good deals. I deal there lots.

Had Broco replace the windshield in my truck a couple months back and was very pleased with their service. Very professional to deal with, and besides doing a good job on the windshield repair, they cleaned the interior of my truck !
    I would recommend them without hesitation.

So, another car, another new windshield and another leaky trunk.

I had a tiny fender bender, grrrr. Te other driver and I were both backing out of parking spots and hit each other going like 1 mile an hour. The other car had no damage and and ICBC said that there was over $3000.00 worth of damage to my car and wrote my car off.

As you can tell by my reference to numerous windshields, I buy old cars, that apparently are not worth more than a slight dent is worth to ICBC, but that is another rant for another day.

Did you know that you can buy pretty good cars for cheap if they have a huge crack across the windshield.

I went up to Broco again to get my windshield replaced and fix another leaky trunk. They fixed the windshield and sealed up the trunk. The trunk didn't take very long, so they only charged me for half an hour labour. I took the car and waited to see if there was a leak. It leaked again, so they took the car in again and they sealed everything that didn't move. They came to my work and actually dropped off the car for me when they were done. They hung on to the trunk liner, just in case they had to try again. They don't stop until the trunk doesn't leak, and sometimes it takes a few times to find the leak.
    I asked Roxanne how much the charges were going to be, and she said that there wouldn't be any other labour charge as they should have got the leak the first time, but it would be great if I paid for the three tubes of sealant that they used.

That didn't seem right to me, so when I went back in to get he trunk liner back in, I insisted on paying at least another half hour of liner. I insisted.

They even dropped me off at work, half way across town and picked me up.

Can you tell I like this company? Seriously, if you need a windshield replaced or if your trunk leaks you should go to these guys.

Pat

+ Reply to Thread