+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Info about College Heights

Default Info about College Heights

Hello Everyone,

we're looking into College Heights to call our new home.
    We'd appreciate all the input and informations you like to share with us about College Heights.
    Also I was wondering which Elementary School would be for the College Heights and are the school buses running there as well?

Thank you very much for your time and help

Sincerely

Lived at the top in the late 80's and found it windy, and cooler than anywhere else in town that I've lived. Beautiful view, for sure. If you like to sit outside, find a sheltered home.

Oh, really. I guess higher elevations...
    I was looking into the newer subdivisions and when we where there it didn't seem cooler, but also we had blue sky and sun that day...
    Thank you for your comment to my post, very much appreciated.

This page has basic school info:
    http://www.nanaimoinformation.com/college-heights.php

As for buses, the closest routes only come within a 10-15 min walk of that neighbourhood (to VIU, or to the Jinglepot Pub area, both down below).

If you're new to town, welcome!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome
    We're haven't purchased a house yet, so much to figure out first. My husband and I ate both not from Nanaimo, but like to move sometime sooner or later
    Also want to get sure we're in the right area to raise our both young girls as good as possible

Hope to call Nanaimo our new home, soon.

Thank you for all your input and help, to find the right house in the right area!

College Heights is the worst possible place in this city to raise kids.
    Everything is downhill and miles away.
    Kids hate it.

Default When it snows . . .

the roads up there can be bad. But if you're coming from somewhere with a lot of snow, you're probably used to it.

Thank you very much for all the great input.
    We are going to look closer to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradama View Post
    the roads up there can be bad. But if you're coming from somewhere with a lot of snow, you're probably used to it.
    Hey there - nice to see you posting again - hope all is well. ) I know people that live in College Heights - some with kids. They seem happy enough. There are several areas of Nanaimo that are farther away - College Heights isn't that far from town - beautiful view up there.

+ Reply to Thread