+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a printer..........

Default Looking for a printer..........

Hey all............

I am trying to find a printing service that will not gouge me on prices. I've talked to a few and each one wants far more than what should be a normal price and the "graphics" work is not much, I've basically laid everything out.

If anyone here does, or knows someone that does, printing and would like to get alot of business and won't overcharge me, please post it here.

I also still trying to find a microelectronics person to help build something. Surely someone in this town does this kind of work.

Thanks

Quality, Cost, Speed. Pick two. Trying for all three? It doesn't work. How do you quantify a normal price? What you describe as "a lot of business" means nothing. Compared to what/who? What do I know, eh? I owned/ran a very successful printing business, and sold it to retire. If each one that you've talked to charges more than you call a"normal price, then I suggest that your expectations are not realistic.
    This is for info only not a rant.

Kwik Kopy in Nanaimo.

http://nanaimo.kwikkopy.ca/contact-us.aspx

I have used their services before. They were really great and super cheap.
    Let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out

I've used printing services before and until last year, never paid a "set-up" or "graphics" fee. But places around here charge that. OK, a small fee would be acceptable, but not $80/hr. Not even $40. My products come in many size packages and more added constantly.

I do not need packaging, I have that. I need inserts and toppers. If you figure the 30 products currently offered and $80 for each one, that gets too expensive. The designs are all the same so each one should not entail the fees, but that is what they want to charge me.

I used KwickKopy last year and the price for setup is too high and when I went back for more inserts as printed last year, the cost difference between reprints and new prints is marginal, but $300 for 1500 pieces is too much. They already have the graphics part left over from last year.

This month, I expect to have somewhere around 10,000 prints done and next month, I will be adding another 10,000 and will add about that much each month until September, maybe October. The design is the same, just various sizes.

I have used InPrint for as long as I have lived in Nanaimo. Great Service and fast.

6. Default Gouging?? How Do You Know??

If you want the lowest possible prices, you will have to shop online and find a reliable, high volume printer someplace else. Of course you loose all the benefits of working with a local company, Like supporting other fellow businessmen.
    If you are in fact doing REAL volume, you need to go to China for the absolute CHEAPEST Prices.
    To say that $40 an hour for quality graphics is TOO much, makes me wonder what kind of overheads you are dealing with in your business..........
    I'm not in the printing business any more, but I never found customers with your attitude ever turned out to be worth the trouble...........far too high maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by jimorsheryl View Post
    If you want the lowest possible prices, you will have to shop online and find a reliable, high volume printer someplace else. Of course you loose all the benefits of working with a local company, Like supporting other fellow businessmen.
    If you are in fact doing REAL volume, you need to go to China for the absolute CHEAPEST Prices.
    To say that $40 an hour for quality graphics is TOO much, makes me wonder what kind of overheads you are dealing with in your business..........
    I'm not in the printing business any more, but I never found customers with your attitude ever turned out to be worth the trouble...........far too high maintenance.
    I did find someone to do the setup for me and the price was $25 setup- a one time setup that covers EACH size insert required. The places here in town wanted $40 for each size. Wanting a better deal makes me "high maintenance"? I am not sure how you derived that conclusion based on simple requests, but OK, if you think so.

And just so that you are properly informed, I will say that the hgih quality graphics are already supplied in proper format as is entire design. All that was needed was for someone to copy what I have. Basically, I am telling you I have already done the work. All that remained was to copy what I have and print it. If doing a simple task like that means I have an attitude, so be it. But I do think your "self check" light is on.

Usually if I send a file to the printer as a PDF they do not charge a setup fee, but it's printed exactly as I sent it.
    Karen Ann

During January 2013 we are donating $250 for every vehicle purchased to the Nanaimo Branch SPCA. Help us donate over $10,000: Spread the word.

+ Reply to Thread