+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you hunt, fish, camp, hike or go boating?

Default Do you hunt, fish, camp, hike or go boating?

I wanted to point out that this weekend there is an event in Victoria. It is the Vancouver Island Outdoor Expo. There will be vendors of all outdoor activities there showing and selling all sorts of outdoor gear. No matter what your hobby is, there will be something for you. Many items you can buy directly from builders and factories. No middlemen like distributors or retailers.

Save some cash, get out of the house, take a trip.

Many people urge the support of Canadian businesses and this is your chance to join in. There will be door prizes, contests, and a variety of activities.

Come on out and have a good time !!!

Just some of the displays will include:
    Boating & Water sports, Board sports & Surfing, Camping & RV�s, Canoe & Kayaks, Climbing & Hiking, Cycling & Mountain Biking, Destinations & Resorts, Fishing Retailers, Golf, Hunting Sports, Health Fitness & Nutrition, Outdoor Clubs, Running, Tourism & Adventure Travel, Scuba Diving, plus much more..

Hopefully, we'll see you there.

Check it our right here:

http://www.ifmevents.com/exhibit

Looks like a great event! Heading to Campbell River, otherwise I'd come check it out!
    http://www.vireviews.ca

thanx for the heads-up on the new gear, zedex.........just for the record my new fresh-water fishin' license cost me sixty-two bucks this year, wow what a price jumper from last year...whew!.................stan the man

I know what you mean, Stan. I went to renew my licenses and between the saltwater with tags and freshwater with tags, it cost me just under $100.

I hope the gov't enjoys the money.

yuppers, I guess the cross breeding of the Rainbow and Cutthroat trout takes all that money I suppose......and what do ya' wined up with......a Cut-Bow trout.....he's a great little fighter though

The DFO is sure making progress at making fishing a rich mans' game, ain't they.

In my hometwon, a fishing license is $9.00 for the year and expires 12 months from date of purchase. This ensures you get your money's worth. It also covers fresh and salt waters, ocean, rivers, sreams, lakes, and ponds. And, it also is a large and small game hunting license that is good for private property and wildlife management areas.

We can fish by rod and reel, spear, bow and arrow, traps, cast nets and siene nets. Most fish have no limits- the people are entrusted to do the right thing and there has never been a shortage of any fish. It also covers crabbing and shrimping.

I cannot figure why the BC gov't requires such a high price for so few {if any} fish and around here, more pernamaent closures than openings.

uh huh! at an older age it seems ya' gotta' keep up to the constant rise in the cost of the few pleasures we older folk have left....no more cold ones in the park while were fishin'...no smoking in the park while were fishin'....and big bucks to to just chuck that hook in the water....sheesh!....haven't we all paid to much allready, when will it stop?

In my hometwon, a sportfishing certificate is $9.00 for the year and ends 12 months from time frame of purchase. This guarantees you get your entire worth. It also includes clean and sodium sea, sea, waterways, sreams, lakes, and lakes. And, it also is a small and big game tracking certificate that is good for private property and creatures control places.

Default Seniors' Discount?

Quote Originally Posted by stanley strazza View Post
    thanx for the heads-up on the new gear, zedex.........just for the record my new fresh-water fishin' license cost me sixty-two bucks this year, wow what a price jumper from last year...whew!.................stan the man
    Did you qualify this year for the seniors' discount, Stanley? If there is one--and with an election coming up on May 14, 2013, they should throw that into the bucket of goodies they'll offer us, if it isn't already there. The funny thing with seniors' discounts is that a lot of people flying the desk (or counter) are too embarrassed to ask if you qualify. So I just out-and-out ask or tell them how old I am.

There's a fabulous list of places that offer seniors' discounts, with the age you have to be to qualify, and how much the discount is in the Over the Hill Mob section of the forum. A lot of work went into doing it, and many thanks to the person who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by stanley strazza View Post
    uh huh! at an older age it seems ya' gotta' keep up to the constant rise in the cost of the few pleasures we older folk have left....no more cold ones in the park while were fishin'...no smoking in the park while were fishin'....and big bucks to to just chuck that hook in the water....sheesh!....haven't we all paid to much allready, when will it stop?
    Don't know about the other fishing licenses but my husband only paid $11.00 for a crabbing license (65 years old ) and I paid $$21.00. I would assume the other license would have a discount for those 65 years and older. They should pick that up when they ask for ID. If they did not I would go back and quack to get your discount.

Have a hot one in your thermos of coffee.

+ Reply to Thread