+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Nanaimo Doctor!

Default Looking for Nanaimo Doctor!

Does anyone know of a good doctor who is accepting patients in the Nanaimo area. My mom is elderly with non-hodgkins lymphoma, just moved up to the area and needs a regular physician. Any advice is welcome... Thank you.

i just found out there are a few accepting patients at caledonia.

Hi, have you looked at this site - it lists all doctors that are accepting new patients www.cpsbc.ca/find-a-family-physician

go to townsite medical, next to caledonia. you do not have to sit on hold for ten minutes to book an appt and the doctors are usually running on time.

I believe Dr. Jonker is taking new patients.
    Last edited by 31jetjet; 05-19-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: added Dr.'s name

Just to let people know the new medical office in North Town Centre has posters in the mall stating they are accepting new patients. Also heard that North Town Centre will have a walk-in-clinic due to open in Oct 2012. Some positive news!
    DEFILER PRODUCTIONS - Sound, stage and lighting - for all your events

the hospital also has a list of doctors accepting patients when you first walk into emerg.

Dr. Moonsamy at Caledonia Clinic is accepting patients and is an excellent doctor.

We are all screwed - If you are NEW to Nanaimo a few doctors may take you on after the "meet and greet" appointment. If you are OLD to Nanaimo and your doctor left the practice leaving you without a doctor then you are SOL. Seems very discriminatory and a shame to see the medical system failing so miserably. I need a doctor and can not find one in Nanaimo. May have to travel afar just to find a doctor!

Default WalMart has a doctor

Says a pretty large sign almost above their entrance. I think he must be still setting up (Labour Day weekend) because signs in the windows of what will be his office in the area that used to be a photo lab said that he was closed today. He's also going to offer drop-in clinics.

Thanks Nostradama - I will certainly check that one out. I use Walmart alredy for prescription glasses and the best deal on an optometrist that comes up on a regular basis from Victoria.

+ Reply to Thread