"WINDOW TO YOUR CHILD" - 1 Day Parenting Workshop
"How can we prepare our children for a future we cannot predict?"
Date: June 24th, 2012
Location: Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, 1110 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC
Time: 9.00am - 6.00pm
Instructor: Denise Goldbeck, MA, PhD Cand, DipC, RCC
This full-day workshop will cover some very interesting and important topics about
challenges parents are currently facing. This workshop is good for parents,
grandparents, and caregivers of children in any age. The entire experience will
impact your life and your parenting for the better. You can look forward to an
improved understanding of your child, self-awareness of your own parenting style,
and most importantly, having a positive impact on your child's growth.
- how to prepare your children for a future that we cannot predict
- how to manage the high rate of change in today's society
- how to make children more self-reliant at the same time respectful and responsible
- the difference between being a "socialized" child and an "obedient" child
- how to recognize the different types of "compliance" from children
- sources of parent and child conflict
- differences in communication and development with children at various stages
- how to communicate with your child, and being aware that each social interaction
builds the identity of the child
- understand your "real parenting self", away from the pressure of being the "ideal
- a look at your own past childhood and how that affects your parenting
Denise Goldbeck will use a combination of lecture, experiential, and visual
components to deliver the material. Participants will be provided with a manual to
Fee: $150 (including HST)
To register go to http://www.denisegoldbeck.com/parent_workshops.php
Refreshments is included for two break times, excluding lunch.
ABOUT DENISE GOLDBECK
Denise Goldbeck is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Masters in Developmental
Psychology. She has a Bachelors of Arts from Simon Fraser University and currently
a candidate for a Doctorate of Philosophy in Experimental Development. She has
over 30 years combined experience in teaching adults and children, and counselling
individuals of all backgrounds. As a child developmentalist, she has focused her
career on topics such as self-awareness, listening and communication, psychotherapy,
and human development. Specific courses she has instructed include Adolescent
Development, Moral Development, and Development of Children's Thinking.
She is the creator of the following family programs: Kids in the Spotlight, Youth
Leadership Development Training, Personal Parenting, and Window To Your Child.
Tags for this Thread