What's your property worth?
I'll visit your property and give you a number — no obligations attached.
I've tried to make this site useful for people who aren't familiar with the Nanaimo area. There's a lot of info here about the neighbourhoods around Nanaimo, the real estate developments, and the best places of interest (nature).
Got questions for a real estate agent? Let me help you purchase or sell property in the Nanaimo region. You can read about me here:
Gerry Thomasen, Nanaimo REALTOR®.
Never Seen Nanaimo?
If you know what the Pacific Northwest looks like (Seattle, Vancouver, etc.) then you can already imagine some of the beauty of Nanaimo - a clean, emerald ocean under towering forests, with mountains all around. But add the following features when you picture Nanaimo:
- Nanaimo occupies a large bend on the Island's coastline - with ocean to the north and east. It's a very commanding location.
- Many of the waters here are protected from the winds by small islands, which means that boating and swimming are more relaxing than in other areas of coastal BC.
- Nanaimo gets less rain than Vancouver; we have Mediterranean-style rocky landscapes (similar to the Gulf Islands and Victoria) in addition to the usual coastal BC lush rainforests.
- The city's size is perfect for those who want modern services without big-city bustle. There is (almost) no rush-hour in Nanaimo, yet we have big malls and lots of government services.
- I wrote a page some years ago about the culture of Nanaimo.