Upper Lantzville is on the slope above and behind the seaside part of Lantzville (see map down below). This area is separated from Lower Lantzville and the Woodgrove Mall area by the highway and Parkway. Homes here tend to be newer, in comparison with Lower Lantzville.
The 18-hole Winchelsea View Golf Course is here, as seen in the photo above.
There are a lot of large homes and big lots here, as well as more traditional neighbourhoods with plenty of neighbours, but still with larger lots and barely any traffic. But there are different areas to be aware of:
- At the east end of Upper Lantzville (nearest to Woodgrove Mall) the properties are generally older, many of them with access to Green Lake. It's easy to forget that you are so close to major North Nanaimo amenities!
- The Harwood Dr / Philip Rd area is uphill from the highway between the Ware Rd and Superior Rd intersections. This is the most traditional suburban neighbourhood in Upper Lantzville, with homes on 1/3-acre lots, most built in the late 1970s. Some of these back onto the golf course.
- To the west is another traditional residential area, around Northwind (and South/East/Westwind) Drive. These homes are a bit newer (80s/90s) and the lots are a bit larger, averaging about half an acre each.
- The luxury development The Foothills is at the highest point, on a series of rocky knolls overlooking everything.
- The west part of Upper Lantzville is overlooking Nanoose Bay. Lots usually range from 0.5-5 acres, many with ocean views and privacy.
Interested in finding a home in Upper Lantzville? Give me a call or email me if you'd like to see a listing shown below.
Properties for Sale in Lantzville (Upper)
Lantzville Foothills / Copley Ridge
There are some gorgeous mossy knolls looking down on the Upper Lantzville homes. Since the mid 2010s, this area has been developed into large private estates (The Foothills) with spectacular views. There are numerous places where you can park and hike along old trails that still penetrate the surrounding hilly topography. Enjoy several lookouts with arbutuses and wonderful views across the Gulf, or back down the Millstream Valley toward Mt Benson and South Nanaimo.
Back to Nanaimo neighbourhoods